• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where did the Hogan Apex FTX go?

Gosney

Jun 13, 2008
Does anyone know what is up with Hogan golf? It seems like you don't see them sold or marketed anywhere. If you go tot he website, they don't even show the FTX available. I thought this was teh sweetest looking club when it came out, was waiting to see reviews on them from others before committing and i don't know what to think. Were they not that great and should I consider Mizuno's. Which by the way, For anyone reading, who makes a forged iron now that has the science down to the art and a working class traditionalist can afford? :usflag:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Callaway supposedly will bring out some new Hogan irons in 2009. Supposedly. Maybe. Don't hold your breath.

The FTX were nice looking clubs. I briefly owned a set, but I needed the $ so I sold them. :(

There are still good used sets available on ebay and globalgolf.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
One set went to me and I am very happy about that fact.

EBay usually has a few sets knocking about and if you go for them I doubt you will be disappointed.

The short irons in particular are stunning.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
One set went to me and I am very happy about that fact.

EBay usually has a few sets knocking about and if you go for them I doubt you will be disappointed.

The short irons in particular are stunning.

Another set went to me, i was trying to decide between these and the New Apex plus irons. Very glad I went with these. Check out Global Golf as well, thats where I got mine in great shape for a song.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Alright all you Hogan guys.

What are the main differences between the FTX and the Plus version. I found both sets on ebay the FTX for around $200 and the Plus for like $80.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Alright all you Hogan guys.

What are the main differences between the FTX and the Plus version. I found both sets on ebay the FTX for around $200 and the Plus for like $80.

There are 2 plus sets. One was released years ago when Hogans were still made in Fort Worth, TX. Another was released about a yr or 2 ago when Callaway took over. Those you won't find for $80. The main difference is that the FTX's are blades in the 8-E wedge and have I believe less offset. Both are great forged sets. I would say the Apex plus have just a little more GI quality.

Staff online

Members online