• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where did you play today?

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Just how many courses make up a "s**t ton"?? I could see a "s**t ton" being referred to as a measure of weight. How can it be numerical? A ton in the U.S. is 2,000 lbs. whether it's corn, wheat, rock, dirt, or "s**t". So, are there really 2,000 courses in the Sun City area? Where do people live if there are that many courses??:D:D:D
I don't know the exact number, but the last article I read on it said there were more courses in Maricopa County than any other county in America.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Isn't the average temp there about 110° F? And if so there are no trees to get out of the sun. I'd be a baked, crispy critter in an hour. :confused:
Yep, it's hot as hell right now. Supposed to hit 108° today and be in the low 100's the next 10 days plus.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Played part of Eagle Crest on Saturday evening. My friend's parents have a condo on the 4th hole so we just walked out and started playing. Wound up getting in 6 holes. The marshal came rolling up on us while we carried a few growlers down the fairway, we said we were killing time before dinner, he said "ok cool... just be respectful" and drove off.

For the first time in my life I played barefoot. It was actually pretty awesome. I still think it's easier to read greens with shoes on (feel the breaks) but full swings while shoeless is nice.

dknisle1

Jan 25, 2014
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1472249771.783614.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1472249790.046443.jpg

Played a little 4 person scramble tournament at the Dover Air Force base in DE. Took third at -9. Played like garbage since I haven't touched a club in a little over a month. Nice day out tho.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I'm up in Indy for the BMW Championship. My bosses are playing in the Pro Am tomorrow morning at Crooked Stick. :D

We played here today: Bear Slide Golf Club | Cicero, IN from the tips, fun course. Couldn't hit my driver to save my ass but scrambled well. Very happy with my 91, I literally had one good drive all day!!!

🔥 Latest posts