• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where do I go from here?

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I've been working on my swing for a while now. I think I've got it to where it's respectable. I'm hitting draws with every club except for my driver. There's still a fade that will turn into a slice if I get lazy.

I'm unsure what to do. I want a draw with my driver but when I release the club like I think I'm supposed to, like every other club, I get a hook. I try the right foot slightly moved back, to promote a draw, but I get big pushes. What's weird is, with my 3 wood, I'm getting a nice draw too. Just the driver is giving me trouble. Should I try a smaller club head? Since it's easier to turn over? 380cc or 420cc maybe?

Either way, I'll get a swing vid up within this week.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You're probably getting a little steep on the driver. I do it too and hit draws with the rest of my clubs. Get a good video and put it up on Swingacademy.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I hit 80 shots with my 8-iron last night at the range trying to get a little fade out of it. I've ingrained such a natural turnover into a 5-7 yard draw that when I really try to fade it, I get a straight-as-can-be-ball.

I was getting a few fades, and the contact was so pure when I did it was amazing. The only way I can really do it is to just open the face up and swing normally, though. I guess I just can't visualize how to address the ball to hit a fade.

🔥 Latest posts