• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where IS everybody?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Yeah, not a whole lot going on lately.

1654012577594.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Over the years, have seen a decline in participation. Not many new members and quite a few of the old members have ridden off into the sunset.

I belong to another forum designed for senior citizens. There, too, the membership has shrunk, but a nice group of friends have remained steady.

When I look at the grandkids... and even the kids... on line discussion boards are a thing of the past. They're busy with work. They frequent Twitter, Instagram, etc. most of the time if they do look for on line discussion.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
When I look at the grandkids... and even the kids... on line discussion boards are a thing of the past.
Yep, as attention spans decrease, so does forum participation. Twitter can keep me constantly occupied, like a pacifier.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm HERE!!!

Limp is right though....people don't have 'time' to write stuff out on a message board. Sad but true.

Young people now days don't have the attention span to read a dissertation by Limp on the benefits of rescue clubs or a lamkin grip. But I do. If a video is longer than 30 seconds, they move on. "Ain't nobody got time for that" ya know.

I still spend a lot of time on a regular desktop due to my job and on breaks/lunch/etc I sill peruse my forums to see what all my old internet buddies are up to. But desktops are a thing of the past and forums, although better now than a while ago, don't trend well on mobile devices for the masses.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm HERE!!!

Limp is right though....people don't have 'time' to write stuff out on a message board. Sad but true.

Young people now days don't have the attention span to read a dissertation by Limp on the benefits of rescue clubs or a lamkin grip. But I do. If a video is longer than 30 seconds, they move on. "Ain't nobody got time for that" ya know.

I still spend a lot of time on a regular desktop due to my job and on breaks/lunch/etc I sill peruse my forums to see what all my old internet buddies are up to. But desktops are a thing of the past and forums, although better now than a while ago, don't trend well on mobile devices for the masses.
"...dissertation by Limp..."???? I'm hurt! Such disrespect of your elders! Let's take this outside. I'm gonna kick your young a...................................!!!!
Here. Hold my walker while I beat you with my cane!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Meh, it’s been like this for a while. Maybe if we all start adding yardage to our “average drives” it would attract a larger audience. 😜

Everyone loves the long ball.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Meh, it’s been like this for a while. Maybe if we all start adding yardage to our “average drives” it would attract a larger audience. 😜

Everyone loves the long ball.
Yep! Fairways were really wet this morning so no roll on the drives. I hit the driver at just under 100 foot apex. So, when the ball landed it stuck. Reduced my driving distance from about 325 to 275ish. I play a driver I bought from a well known tour pro. He thought the XXX flex was a little soft for him. If I could find a 47 inch Big Boy Beast shaft I'd trim it to make it close to a 4X.

Having the driver under 325 limits me on some of the longer holes. Have to use my pitching wedge from 165 out instead of my custom lob wedge from 140.

Call me or just subscribe to my YouTube videos and I promise I can add at least 55 to 60 yards to your drives. #Seniorsdriving300+

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yep! Fairways were really wet this morning so no roll on the drives. I hit the driver at just under 100 foot apex. So, when the ball landed it stuck. Reduced my driving distance from about 325 to 275ish. I play a driver I bought from a well known tour pro. He thought the XXX flex was a little soft for him. If I could find a 47 inch Big Boy Beast shaft I'd trim it to make it close to a 4X.

Having the driver under 325 limits me on some of the longer holes. Have to use my pitching wedge from 165 out instead of my custom lob wedge from 140.

Call me or just subscribe to my YouTube videos and I promise I can add at least 55 to 60 yards to your drives. #Seniorsdriving300+
Now that’s what I am talking about! New members should start rolling in any minute.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
And limp isn't even the longest hitter in this site. I asked Bryson for some tips and now I'm hitting them about 400 average. I also built up my shoulders and arms so I look like Schwartzenager.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I’m still here guys! 👋
I enjoy checking in now and then, seeing what’s new, if anyone has built or purchased anything cool lately. Also enjoy the interaction for sure; be it posting my two cents, or reading the replies to interesting topics. While we may not agree on all topics, its important to hear other opinions and learn from them as well.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And limp isn't even the longest hitter in this site. I asked Bryson for some tips and now I'm hitting them about 400 average. I also built up my shoulders and arms so I look like Schwartzenager.
As the resident tester of drivers, please provide a list of each driver you've owned and reviewed over the past few years. I understand that review could be extremely lengthy due to the vast numbers of drivers we're talking about. We all remember the great speech you gave, relating you phenomenal feat. "Four score and seven drivers have been brought forth on fairways, some new and some old, conceived by engineers, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are deserving of 400 plus yard drives."
😁 😁 😁 😁

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
limpalong,
What are your thoughts on the 2020 WHS version of the ESC??
LOL

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts