• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whew!.....I did it.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
What alot of work it was getting this board running!

I still have lot's to do but it will not affect the functionality at all.

There is an option to import the posts but not the memberships from tha old board but that could take hours so I think I'll pass on it unless some of you are in love with the idea.

I need a banner......grip it and rip it is the artist I think....anyone else want to give it a go?

Check out the gallery.....feel free to upload there and have some fun!

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I just whipped this out....too big for a banner I think but you get the idea.

I'm not married to it though....anything nice and simple will be great.

The board will be greenish when I figure out how to change the colors.
Earth.gif

MacaW

Aug 27, 2004
Hi Sling

Good job, like the site and what you have so far, great images.

The talking Golf Ball/s could be used in the banner I guess. Sort of on the theme of ...

" I got sliced this morning on the 7th, I tried hiding on the bunker lip but he insisted on wacking me as hard as he could, so naturally I swerved, made it all the way across the lake, and hid near the hole, took them 3 more shots before they found me."

I was going to be brave and put my handicap behind my name as well, Sling, but thought I would just spell my swing backwards. :eek:

Good luck.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Whew! This board is nice !!

I love the blue soothing color. Green is good too.
Great work Sling!

And that golf ball just got spanked. :eek:

I'm working on a banner too.

namvet66

Aug 30, 2004
Great Board

Sling, You have done one heck of a job this board. It is nice to apart if it. I will be visiting everyday.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Cool!

I'm glad you guy's are here on the ground floor! :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey Sling,

What about this?

This sorta sums up alot of us on the board, and pokes fun at a certain individual who will remain nameless..... :D

R35
Tiger woods.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
That's a 2004 photo. He had just banged another Perkins waitress back in those trees. That "crouch" was practicing for when his now ex-wife started swinging a 9-iron at the windows of his black Escalade.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I liked the composition. Plus this thread is stuck in my phone app and cant be erased or cleared. I am thinking about posting on it every day. Since the powers around here want us to not be messy and to post in unique threads, I decided that posting in my own thread without interference from a lot of other "messy" posters cluttering up the thread was an even better extension of their idea. In fact, its a brilliant idea for people to each have their own thread and only post there, perhaps qouting the post they are referrring to of course. That way the mods wont have so much cleaning up to do, and all those shoppers can actually find something to buy in classifieds. Since there are so many posters that I dont want to read, AND since I love to read my own posts MORE than anything else, and SINCE this frigging thread is stuck, I think its a perfect design for the site. One person,one thread, which is stuck in your app.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I liked the composition. Plus this thread is stuck in my phone app and cant be erased or cleared. I am thinking about posting on it every day. Since the powers around here want us to not be messy and to post in unique threads, I decided that posting in my own thread without interference from a lot of other "messy" posters cluttering up the thread was an even better extension of their idea. In fact, its a brilliant idea for people to each have their own thread and only post there, perhaps qouting the post they are referrring to of course. That way the mods wont have so much cleaning up to do, and all those shoppers can actually find something to buy in classifieds. Since there are so many posters that I dont want to read, AND since I love to read my own posts MORE than anything else, and SINCE this frigging thread is stuck, I think its a perfect design for the site. One person,one thread, which is stuck in your app.
I realize that is all said in jest, but other than the new classified rule, derailing threads is perfectly acceptable. It's a discussion board and discussions can get sidetracked. Need proof? Check out the Harold Ramis thread. That's an epic derail that won't go away, and I'm okay with that. :D

🔥 Latest posts