• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which 2nd Hybrid?

SashaB

Jun 9, 2022
Country
United States United States
Calling on the wisdom of this group. I currently own one hybrid-5h. I would like to add a second hybrid, but am not sure whether to go with a 3, 4, or 6.
What’s in my bag now that is relevant to the question: 3 wood, 3-9 irons, 5H.
I hit straight, but not all that far as I am still trying to gain confidence in my swing.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
If you hit your long irons decently and are comfortable with them, then I would suggest a 3H. It would act more like a 5 wood and fill the gap between the 3 iron/5H and the 3 wood.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
3 and 4 irons can be difficult for we amateurs to hit. We're usually better off with a hybrid instead. IMHO, you'd be best replacing your 3 and 4 irons with a 4 hybrid to match your 5 hybrid.

OP
S

SashaB

Jun 9, 2022
Country
3 and 4 irons can be difficult for we amateurs to hit. We're usually better off with a hybrid instead. IMHO, you'd be best replacing your 3 and 4 irons with a 4 hybrid to match your 5 hybrid.
Thanks!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I’d like to echo the words of both TEA & Limp, while adding my own two cents if I may...

IMO finding the longest iron in your set that you hit confidently would be your first step. It may be your 6i, and if that’s the case, much like Limp was saying, the 3 & 4 become logical replacement options. With one small word of caution; some amateurs find it difficult to hit longer hybrids as well, which is why they make fairway woods of similar lofts...

I say try a bunch, be open to all options and end up picking the best club for your game!!

Last edited:

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Have a titliest hybrid “7” it’s 29 loft so actually a six, carry’s 170 easy when swung correctly. Use it every chance I can. Expensive though

OP
S

SashaB

Jun 9, 2022
Country
I ended up with a 4H, senior flex Ping 410. Between the 6H and the 4, it’s going well. Thank you everyone!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I ended up with a 4H, senior flex Ping 410. Between the 6H and the 4, it’s going well. Thank you everyone!
Enjoy it!! Just remember, every club starts out great. Most go through a "honeymoon period". Work great to begin with. Then they go bonkers for a short while until you show them who's boss!!
Take "Edith", my Tour Edge Exotics driver. She acted like an aged spinster, not wanting a man anywhere around, when our relationship began. Slowly, she warmed to my kind words and... now... she's my best friend. You just never know the personality these clubs end up with during the assembly process.......

🔥 Latest posts