• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which cheap used driver?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I need 1 more degree of loft. Or so I think. Now that I'm hitting my 9.5* 983K "easy" in order for it to go straight, I think the ball flight is a little low. I need a 10.5*.

Looking on Fleabay, I see 983Ks going for $50-90. I really like this driver head. BUT, is there another head that I might like that is also inexpensive?

There are a few F Speed Cobras on there for about the same price. Any thoughts on them?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You can get used Sasquatch drivers right at Global golf for $100 or less that are in good shape (ask sssmokin). They are fantastic drivers if you can get over the yellow. sssmokin just crushes his. Hardly can go wrong. :D

The Prolite you have in that driver is also low launch. Stick a ProLaunch blue in it and you'll get higher shots....

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
there are some Tour Edge Exotics going around that price too on fleebay.also a very good driver

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Now Rock, if the flight is too low, it has to be the driver loft, or the shaft. Or the fact that I have an average swing speed at best.

I don't think I want a Sasquatch. I wouldn't mind another Exotics, as long as it had something other than that horrid Fujikura HL-55 shaft in it. That thing was a hook machine.

I may go the range again tonight if the rain stops and try teeing the ball higher.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I don't think I want a Sasquatch.

I thought the same when I went down to the store. The only driver I was absolutely 100% certain I didn't want to buy was the Sasquatch. After a lot of persuasion by the staff I tried one, if nothing else to prove to them why I was right not to want one...
:faintthud

My signature says it all - out of a dozen or so drivers I tried it was the longest, straightest and best feeling by an absolute mile...

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Just the stock Diamana in regular. Thanks to this place I was fully expecting to change it as most stock shafts I've had have been horrible, but this fits me perfectly right out of the box. I can swing it smooth and feel it come through nice, and I put a bit more into it then I can feel the lag just like I want to. I'm right on the borderline between a stiff and regular, but with my change to a rounder swing plane this gets the ball up great, gives me the feedback I want and gets it right out there with the ball flight I dreamed of.

(I reserve the right to put a ProLaunch Blue in there before the end of the year though, just to see what happens!)

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I need 1 more degree of loft. Or so I think. Now that I'm hitting my 9.5* 983K "easy" in order for it to go straight, I think the ball flight is a little low. I need a 10.5*.

Looking on Fleabay, I see 983Ks going for $50-90. I really like this driver head. BUT, is there another head that I might like that is also inexpensive?

There are a few F Speed Cobras on there for about the same price. Any thoughts on them?

I have a ProLaunch that was used only about 5 times or so that is a pull from a 905R. It has a brand new Golf Pride Decade Multicompound grip. You can have it for a song if you are interested. Right after I regripped it I purchased the Evo-Lite from Rock.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I appreciate the offer, bames, but I'm not about to change my current 983K in any way. It's the only driver I have that I can count on to go reasonably straight, even if it's not high and long. :)

If I find another head I like, I may take you up on it though.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I appreciate the offer, bames, but I'm not about to change my current 983K in any way. It's the only driver I have that I can count on to go reasonably straight, even if it's not high and long. :)

If I find another head I like, I may take you up on it though.

No worries, I understand. Good Luck.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I a little over my projected budget, but I just did my taxes and I'm getting a little back :)

Tour Edge Exotics 10.5* reshafted with a Graffaloy Comp NT Prototype in Regular flex. $145.

Anyone know anything about this shaft? I had the 10.5* TEE and liked the height and distance but the stock Fuji HL-55 shaft was a hook machine for me. How would this Comp NT shaft perform?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online