• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which do you prefer?

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
To get you and your clubs around the course, do you like to walk, walk with a pull cart, walk with a caddy/lackey deal, or ride a cart?

The first time a friend of mine ever snookered me to go out and play, we took a cart. That was around 15 years ago. I quickly discovered that it was much cheaper to walk and carry my bag, although that could get tough on hilly courses. On a hilly course, by the end of the round, it would feel like my arms were lead weights swinging the club.

That's when I discovered the compromise of the pull cart. Nifty little suckers, let you walk the course without ruining your shoulders. Especially important for me now after going through frozen shoulder in my right one.

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
I definitely prefer walking with a pull-cart. I cannot carry my golf bag as my shoulders and back would not be able to handle it. I find I don't play very well in a motorized cart....bizarre. Although on a 90-100 degree day, give me that cart!

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
EDSGolf said:
I definitely prefer walking with a pull-cart. I cannot carry my golf bag as my shoulders and back would not be able to handle it. I find I don't play very well in a motorized cart....bizarre. Although on a 90-100 degree day, give me that cart!

Maybe it's because when you're walking up to the ball, you're getting the chance to think about what you might want to do with the shot? Whereas when you're riding in a cart, you aren't getting that mental sort of warmup?

I don't know. That's all I can think of. But I definitely prefer the feel I have when walking up to a ball, versus pulling up in a cart.

Not that I have much feel...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Down here in Orlando, most courses require you to take a cart or charge the same amount if you walk or ride. I never used to take a cart when I lived up north, but now I am semi-forced to use a cart on every round. My preference would be a pull cart walking in the cooler months, but it is very hard to find a course that allows it.

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
I usually walk and carry my bag. I find I can stay focused and have a better feeling for the game than when I ride.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I hate using a buggy,after a mullered creamer i want to walk to it and relish it

Fuzzifus

Jun 12, 2005
I used to ride quite a bit because the guys I play with always rode, but one day I got tired of it because I like to walk and feel the flow of the game is much better when I am walking, so I told my pal that I would walk, and suprisedly, he said ok. I like to walk because as I stated, the flow is better, I seem to stay loose, and it's just good exercise, plus it is cheaper. Now my buddy is NOT a big fan of exercise, and has a giant cart bag, by the end of 18, I though I was gonna have to call an ambulance because he was huffin' and puffin' so bad. Since then he has learned about the difference between cart/carry bags and walks with much better results. I would say now, out of every 5 rounds I play, I proably walk 4 and ride 1.

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
I use a pull cart. That's generally what people who walk do here. It seems that in the States that if you walk you carry for the most part. I'll carry once in a while, but its mainly playas who carry here.

1st Tee

Aug 31, 2005
i like walking with my bag on my back. i have the backpack type straps on it so its not that bad. besides what doesnt kill you only makes u stronger.

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
Maybe it's because when you're walking up to the ball, you're getting the chance to think about what you might want to do with the shot? Whereas when you're riding in a cart, you aren't getting that mental sort of warmup?

I don't know. That's all I can think of. But I definitely prefer the feel I have when walking up to a ball, versus pulling up in a cart.

I agree, all you think of in a cart is not to drive where you're not supposed to and not thinking of your next shot.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online