• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which driver is better?

RookieJB

May 16, 2009
Im looking to get a new driver and i have 2 that im looking at fairly hard right now... First there is the nike ignite 460cc 10.5* with the standard regular flex nike graphite shaft and then there is a cobra SS380 10.5* with a graphalloy 65r regular flex shaft. Im somewhat leaning toward going with the cobra driver because of the nice shaft it comes with even though its a lil older driver and has just a couple paint chips. I kind of want some opinions on which one is better or if anyone has had any luck or heard any good things about either.

Thanks much

JB

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Can't answer your question but I do have 1 to ask. Why do you use that font to post with??

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Im looking to get a new driver and i have 2 that im looking at fairly hard right now... First there is the nike ignite 460cc 10.5* with the standard regular flex nike graphite shaft and then there is a cobra SS380 10.5* with a graphalloy 65r regular flex shaft. Im somewhat leaning toward going with the cobra driver because of the nice shaft it comes with even though its a lil older driver and has just a couple paint chips. I kind of want some opinions on which one is better or if anyone has had any luck or heard any good things about either.

Thanks much

JB

Ahh, now I can read it without a headache. Why are you only looking at those two? Cobra has much better/newer stuff out available used for very little, as does Nike. Go demo...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Go demo the clubs, pick the one that works the best for YOU....

No way we can tell you what you are going to like better.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Seriously, us suggesting a driver for you without seeing your swing or usual trajectory would be about like us suggesting what to pick for your favorite food. Pretty much impossible to do. Like Clark said, go to a golf shop and hit as many off the monitor as they will let you. The local Edwin Watts always has a large selection of used drivers to choose from, so I'm sure most all of them do also.

Find the one that suits your swing, and eye the best, then negotiate. If the price is still too high, look for a identical driver and shaft combo online.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
the one that goes farther and straighter when you test them out.

rayfaylor007

May 17, 2009
Drivers are very similar these days as far as technology is concerned. I tried every damn one of them, including the two you are looking at. I ended up buying a TaylorMade Tour Burner, and have ZERO Regrets. This club is money...

Good luck. I had the driver dilemma last year.

Sorry I posted in regular font.

Ray

🔥 Latest posts