• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which irons to choose?

BTurner

May 5, 2007
Hey guys, first post on ShotTalk. Started playing golf about a year and a half ago, and began with some REALLY junky clubs. I've been slowly replacing them, and now, the last remaining clubs in my bag are the irons. I've been searching eBay for some new irons, as I don't want to spend too much on them. Two that I've found that really interest me are some Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scots, and the others are Wilson Deep Red Distance II. The Tommy Armours are 2-SW and the DeepReds are 3-PW, and are slightly more expensive. I've seen good things about both of these sets, and need advice on which I should choose. Thanks in advance

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Hey guys, first post on ShotTalk. Started playing golf about a year and a half ago, and began with some REALLY junky clubs. I've been slowly replacing them, and now, the last remaining clubs in my bag are the irons. I've been searching eBay for some new irons, as I don't want to spend too much on them. Two that I've found that really interest me are some Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scots, and the others are Wilson Deep Red Distance II. The Tommy Armours are 2-SW and the DeepReds are 3-PW, and are slightly more expensive. I've seen good things about both of these sets, and need advice on which I should choose. Thanks in advance

I think the Tommy Armours are great clubs. I didn't like the Deep Reds myself, but lots of people seem to like them.

The question is:

Why do those clubs in particular interest you?

Once you can answer that, you'll have your answer.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I have a friend that plays the Tommy Armour irons and he loves them. I've hit them a few times and they are solid.

I also have an 10* 845 Hot Scot driver I bought from him and it was the first really decent driver I ever had. I still pull it out and hit it once in a while when it's really windy as I hit it low.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
My dad used to have those Tommy Armours, nice clubs, and reasonably priced.

I still say hit them before you buy them though.

🔥 Latest posts