• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which of these club sets do I choose?

mrserv0n

Apr 17, 2008
I just started golf a month ago and have played only 5 times, I go to the driving range almost everyday and practice so I am determined and really not that bad at it.

I am looking into a reasonbly priced set designed for beginners, I found this recommendation page, and it recommend either of the following setups

Power Max GX Squared Ti Driver (12 degrees)

GX Squared Fairway Wood (3, 5)

Revelation Hybrid Iron Set (3-PW)

Center Cut mod. 15 Putter

Second set
Command Q4 Titanium Driver (12 or 14 degrees)

Command Q4 #3 Fairway Wood

Command Hybrid Iron Set - 3, 4, 5 Hybrids and 6-SW Irons (all Graphite shaft)

Xeon M-4 Putter

Should I mix and match these? Not get either? I don't know what to do they both sound good and have good reviews and are in my price range.

Thanks

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Generally those noname boxed sets are crap. They'll have zinc heads, poor/inconsistent weighting, lofts that are random, really thin plating, etc. Avoid and stick with Name manufacturers.

effec

Apr 11, 2008
From everything ive been reading (and its a lot) non OEMs are just not worth it. With tons of discount sites selling used equipment + ebay , there really isnt a good reason not to get solid OEM equipment. The downside is waiting for good deals.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Check Global Golf out, you can get a used set of name brand clubs for about what you'll pay for those mentioned, and have a whole lot better set of sticks.

OP
M

mrserv0n

Apr 17, 2008
My budget is about $350 , I need everything but a driver..

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
If you stay with this thread long enough, Some of the master Ho's will chime in wiht links to get you the best set possible for you price range and skill level.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online