• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which Putters are Like the Odyssey 2 Ball (DFX2)?

MTK

Pin High off the green...
Oct 4, 2007
I've had the Odyssey 2 Ball DFX2 for years and years now, and I like it a lot. I was wondering, which putters are similar to it?

It's a fairly weighty putter that's not as "lively" as the White Hot version of it. So it's one that's all for tempo and feel.

Anyone have any suggestions (no TM Rossa putters either, I've gone through the gambit of those).......

I'd really like to know what the Odyssey XG Marksman and the other similar putters are like. I've always liked the Odyssey putters.

MT

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
The Markxman is a nice putter but the Face is very, very soft.

I might be about the only person around here but I like the Scotty Futura Phantom (black version of the original Futura) and also the DeTour. I visited a golf shop today and demo'd the Futura. It's so easy line up that it's untrue. Great noise when struck and just very easy to swing straight back & through. I Demo'd the DeTour when it 1st hit the shops and it took about 4 sessions before I missed my 1st 8 footer with it!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
If you want something with a lively face, check out a Founders Club Tour Tuned Blue B-4. I've got one and the ball almost explodes off the face. Too hot for me but when I pick it up with the intention of selling it I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Every time I practice with it indoors I can't miss, to bad it doesn't translate to the course.

OP
MTK

MTK

Pin High off the green...
Oct 4, 2007
The Markxman is a nice putter but the Face is very, very soft.

I might be about the only person around here but I like the Scotty Futura Phantom (black version of the original Futura) and also the DeTour. I visited a golf shop today and demo'd the Futura. It's so easy line up that it's untrue. Great noise when struck and just very easy to swing straight back & through. I Demo'd the DeTour when it 1st hit the shops and it took about 4 sessions before I missed my 1st 8 footer with it!

That's one I was looking at. I definitely want something that doesn't explode off of it. I'm a fairly aggressive putter, so having a face that's not "hot" is a must. Any good ideas on where to look for one of those Futura Phantoms?

MT

🔥 Latest posts