• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which Titleist NXT is for me???

Jsaw

May 29, 2005
I'm just not willing to fork out the cash for the Pro V1's. But what I would like to know is the difference between the NXT and the NXT Tour. I would assume that the NXT Tour is for the slightly better golfer but is there really that much of a difference between the 2? If so what are the pros and cons of each one (Ex. Distance, Softness, Spin). FYI I'm about a 20 to 25 handicap and usually pretty long off the tee, its the chipping and putting that gets me. I've been playing the NXT but would I benifit with the NXT Tour or not?

Wildbore

Oct 24, 2005
They are pretty much the same ball. The NXT has abit extra softness, but it hardly feels that way. Either one is a very good ball, especially for distance.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
play a different ball. its a decent ball, but way to overpriced. if you can find closeout maxfli blackmax balls, then try them out.

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
Ive played bot NXT and the tour.I found not much difference with the driver or long iron but the feel on the short and on the greens was better with the tour.only problem with this answer is the fact that "feel" is more of a personal issue and you would be better off taking a sleeve of both out and playing a couple rounds changing up to get how you feel about it.
I am suprised there hasnt been the usual "Use an E5/E6 instead" reply.I havent done this yet myself so cant offer that opinion but it seems when the NXT question comes up this is a popular comparison

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am suprised there hasnt been the usual "Use an E5/E6 instead" reply.

I almost posted it earlier, but got distracted - I like the bridgestone e5 alot.

but, if you're willing to spend $27 on the NXT's, why not pony up the extra $2 and try last years bridgestone B330s' on clearance?

🔥 Latest posts