• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whipsawed and hogtied

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I haven't been playing much lately...unusual...

I played this morning and just got smoked.

1) 25 MPH winds, cloudless sky.

2) Rough two inches deep...the classic situation I have described here previously. Hit the ball six feet off the fairway and can't find it. On those holes where I did find it, the grass felt like steel wool. It would grab the club and everything went left.

3) Greens were core aerated and top dressed two weeks ago. Millions of little holes all over them....bumpy.

I got waxed and shot a 90....in about two weeks when the greens have fully recovered and Stimp out at about 11, its gonna be really interesting....

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
3) Greens were core aerated and top dressed two weeks ago. Millions of little holes all over them....bumpy.

It's all in your head that the greens are bumpy, I read it on the net so it must be true:laugh:

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Every time anybody got in the rough, they'd say....

"Hack and Hope...."

Also they've redone some of our bunkers with really soft fluffy sand. Balls will bury in there and getting out is getting a lot harder...

Guests would not have enjoyed it today. I have played there for 20 years and its as tough as I've ever seen it....I need to man up next weekend because I am playing both Saturday and Sunday....

🔥 Latest posts