• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who Are You, and What Did You Do with Geoff Ogilvy?

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Has anyone ever played 7 better consecutive rounds for money? Where is this guy during all the stroke play events? If this Geoff Ogilvy showed up to normal events, he'd have 25 wins by now.

For the week, he had 2 eagles and 34 birdies in 121 holes. He was about 31 under par ( tough to say exactly, because there were a few concessions in there, particularly against Katayama ).

He was -7 against McIlroy over 17, -6 against Cink for 16 holes, and -12 for 33 holes against Casey. Played his final __58__ holes without a bogey.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
6 PGA Tour wins
2 wins this year out of 5 events
This year's scoring average 68.5 (4 events, since match play doesn't count)
Has had two difficulties to overcome. One is temper. Could not have imagined him, this week, to be anything but totally mellow... cool... zoned. He's been working with professionals to learn to harness the temper. Other issue has been an erratic driver. Has had difficulty finding fairways in past years. This year, can't seem to miss. If you watched the shot tracer, he's hitting the ball about as dead straight as one could imagine. No draw... no fade. If the driver is worked out, he could be unstoppable this year!!

I could not believe the pace of play on Sunday. Finals... pressure cooker... 36 holes... Ogilvy would walk up to the ball and hit it. Tee box... fairway... on the green with the putter... no time spent dwelling over what shot to hit. Completely trusted his first instinct and went with it.

Some of the most boring golf ever! Fairways... greens... ball in the cup... on to the next hole. (Sounds like my game!!;);))

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I was thinking the same thing. He just killed that tournament. He didn't win in the 10th hole just because his competence birdied to tie the holes.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Ogilvy has always been one of the most talented ball strikers going around, but in the past he has had serious temperament issues. He was a self confessed hothead and club thrower, but has matured over the last few years to be the most relaxed and even level guy on tour. His poor tempererament meant he had to wait a long time for his first win, his breakthrough tournament was after ten or so years on tour, but since then he has been a consistent contender and won more than most in the corresponding period. I think he is a legitimate world number 4 and I can see him going higher.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Geoff's been playing good golf in the lead up to the world matchplay. He won the Australian PGA Championship in December. He won in Hawaii in January (or was it February?) & he wins in March.

🔥 Latest posts