• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who ate all the pies?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm a little torn with Mr. Reed. On one hand he is an arrogant, cocky, bad tempered, hard to like character. On the other hand, he was a terrier, he never gave up, he was passionate, pumped up and you could see how much it meant to him. Down the wire he hit some clutch shots and he seemed to continuously outdrive Stenson. And he holed a bunch of putts. Now if the USA only had 12 Patrick Reeds???!!!!

I have to say he looks like a possible future Major winner, but he needs to lay off the buffet table a bit.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
He was the Murican player on form at the Cup. Watson should've thrown him out against McIlroy on the singles matches.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I think it was a blind draw, so you can't decide who plays who. Watson's line-up was good I think. He put Speith, Reed, Fowler all at the front to try and secure some early points. That's why McGinley also top loaded with GMac, Rory and Stenson.

Can't fault Waton's picks on the final day. Must have been some stuff going on behind the scenes though, some back biting going on.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Oh are they blind draws on every day? Wasn't aware of this.
In that case, I guess the resting of certain players will be the key scrutiny of Watson.
Is good to see future stars in the making though. Some of the clutch shots the young ones were making in pressure situations was awesome to see.

Members online