• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who got a new club this week?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I took my new driver to the range last night and couldn't hit it. Couldn't hit my old driver either. Or the G2. I could hit my Apex II blades, though, even the 2 iron.

It was just one of those days. :(

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
Yes x10
Bought a set of Ping Eye 2's non-plus version. 2i-Sw, $100 Australian all with brand new midsize lamkin dual density grips. A steal.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
ualtim said:
Pictures?:)

1st pic, before & after. This one is a NP Tei3 Longneck - Crown on Face. The other one looks about the same. BOS did the work & they refinish not restore. They did a creditable job with the Shiny Black Ox finish. Considering what they had to start with, better than I could expect, but not as good as I hoped. They'll make good gamers.

2nd pic - the Scotty's in the house tonight.

Now your turn...post some pics of yours.
before_after.jpg
7 putters.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
BOS is doing the shiny finish again I see. When I called them in November they were only doing the matte finish.

Why didn't you just send it back to Scotty for the original Gun Blue? It would have been cheaper, plus you get a new shaft, headcover, etc. Any they take out the dings and remill the face :D

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
BOS did two putters for $85. Scotty does better work with nicks, remilling, etc., but they get $175 for one Tei3. I'd have been happier with a Scotty Resto, but for these two putters, and what I'm doing with them, BOS was fine.

The one on the far right is destined for Scotty's shop, it's a 1st run Sonoma Two. That'll need the full treatment & a COA.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
85$ is much cheaper than I was quoted for one!!! You got a deal I think.

Scotty's is about 115 for the full deal (unless it's a TEI3)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I bought the G2 driver. :D

Alex gave me a good deal, so how could I refuse?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
wirehair said:
Now your turn...post some pics of yours.

I will post a pic as soon as it gets back from Scotty's Shop.:)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I finally hit the Sonartec MD Hybrid. They only had the 19* and I want the 15* or 17*. I hit the 19* about as well as my G2 5wood, and the thing just felt fantastic. Not sure yet if I will be ordering a 15* or 17*, but I will get one to either replace my 3w or go between my 3w and 5w. Decisions Decisions. I am convinced it may end up being the best club in my bag.

Still couldn't find a Bridgestone to hit, and I am pretty much done trying after hitting the Sonartec

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
I finally hit the Sonartec MD Hybrid. They only had the 19* and I want the 15* or 17*. I hit the 19* about as well as my G2 5wood, and the thing just felt fantastic. Not sure yet if I will be ordering a 15* or 17*, but I will get one to either replace my 3w or go between my 3w and 5w. Decisions Decisions. I am convinced it may end up being the best club in my bag.

Still couldn't find a Bridgestone to hit, and I am pretty much done trying after hitting the Sonartec

I have the 23 and 25 degree MD's. I can fly the 23 around 225. I use it as a 3-4 iron replacement. Nice clubs. I'd like to hear how a 15* or 17* works for you. I hit my 5w well but can't hit my 3w at all.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
close call on the auction, but i was able to drop a bid in sub 30 seconds and win them. brand new tight lies gt tour irons after shipping $143, now just need to price shafts to put in them.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Cameron Phantom Mallet. Used but VERY clean. $155 on (where else?) eBay. I had to buy a headcover and "Baby-T" grip from Cameron, since the putter had a nasty Winn grip on it. So I guess the total cost was $190.

🔥 Latest posts