• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who here has the problem...

TigerBait

"Straight and True"
Oct 6, 2010
of coming up on your toes when impacting the ball on the down swing? It's something I have some trouble with from time to time. Sometimes I can keep myself from doing it but usually when I physically try to keep my feet planted I end up hitting the ball fat. Any pointers would be appreciated.. oh and whats up everybody?:cool:

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I have the same problem. I concentrated on keeping my weight on my heels during a few practice sessions, and it seemed to help. Hope it can help you as well. Remember this was just a drill to try to keep my feet on the ground, and not a new swing change or thought.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You're probably hitting the ball flat because you are concentrating too much on keeping your feet flat.

Is coming up on your toes causing severe problems with your swing? If you can hit the ball just fine while doing that, and its consistent, i wouldn't change it.

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
try and keep your feet inverted at a slight angle, and stay level headed before making the shot attempt and put full concentration on your feet positioning before you make the desired shot get a feel for your balance via comfortable foot planting

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
of coming up on your toes when impacting the ball on the down swing? It's something I have some trouble with from time to time. Sometimes I can keep myself from doing it but usually when I physically try to keep my feet planted I end up hitting the ball fat. Any pointers would be appreciated.. oh and whats up everybody?:cool:

Hitting the ball fat or thin means your height is changing through the swing. It can be due to a number of causes. Time to loosen up that wallet a bit and get a lesson.

OP
TigerBait

TigerBait

"Straight and True"
Oct 6, 2010
You're probably hitting the ball flat because you are concentrating too much on keeping your feet flat.

Is coming up on your toes causing severe problems with your swing? If you can hit the ball just fine while doing that, and its consistent, i wouldn't change it.

No, and it doesn't always happen. Usually I only come up on my toes after I've been playing for awhile. It doesn't cause severe problems but there are problems and they are noticeable: not hitting the green, not hitting the ball as far, and the occasional bladed chip:1898_:.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Coming up on your toes probably won't be the proble, it will be the result of somethign else happening, thats what you need to work ona nd you need a pro to pick it up. My guess its the hips tilting instead of turning, but seriously, this isn't the best place to diagnose swing faults. Hitting thin is another problem that can be caused by early hip release, hence my guess

SolderJockey

Oct 31, 2007
When I start coming up on my toes, it's usually because I'm over-swinging or my tempo has gotten too fast. These things generally happen when
I'm apprehensive about the upcoming shot. Just my .02

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
imho, these are all still symptons of other problems, not causes

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Someone should consult beermug. I know that guy will have the answer. He is pretty savvy about these sort of things.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.