• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who here plays stock shafts?

OP
usa1950

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
That must've hurt like hell!

If I had typed "created a baby" would you have asked me if it felt.... um..... "good?"

I measured the drive on Google Earth today.... 316. Perhaps the longest I have ever hit. God bless my off the rack, less than $100 driver, and Maxfli Tour Fires!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
If I had typed "created a baby" would you have asked me if it felt.... um..... "good?"

I measured the drive on Google Earth today.... 316. Perhaps the longest I have ever hit. God bless my off the rack, less than $100 driver, and Maxfli Tour Fires!

Quite possibly. :D

Google Earth, huh? Damn, I can see myself walking around the course with my work laptop loaded up with Google Earth because I'm too cheap to spring for a true range finder/GPS. :laugh:

OP
usa1950

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Google Earth is excellent, even if it is a bit primative. Once you have an image of your favorite course/hole.... go to the Tools tab.

I think the tool is called "ruler." From there you click on the tee box, then click on where you drive landed.

Google Earth measures the distance between the two in yards, meters, whatever you want.

It takes about a half second as well. Never thought about it while on the course, or before hitting an approach, but it would work. Definitely.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Yet 90% of the guys on this site who list "their bag" in their sig, also list their shafts, as do you.

Not knocking it, just making an observation. I can go low without all that, I'm just surprised there are not more like me around here.

Don't get me started on this (Oops, too late).

Plenty of money + time on hands with nothing better to do = loads of shaft ho- ing

Skint + life = stock shafts

That should put the cat amongst the pigeons :laugh:

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I finally bought into the whole shaft thing a few weeks ago and decided to get fitted for a new driver and 3 wood shaft. I can tell you that for me the difference is amazing.

I couldn't hit either of those clubs before. Now I have gained 40 yards on my driver and I am splitting the fairway. My playing parter used to outdrive me by 20 or more yards and now I am outdriving him by 20 or more yards. He is so amazed with the change in my game that he is now getting a new shaft himself.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online