• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who is Oliver Fisher?

huggystyle

Brave Golfers Only
Sep 30, 2005
very true dave, ollie had a very wealthy sponsor since he was young, the guy paid for a large short game area to be built in ollie's garden. Also Nike have basically sponsored him for years without paying him, just giving him all his golf equipment as well as any other Nike stuff he wanted.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I like Fisher, handles himself very well on the course and in front of the camera. Was interested to hear that his Dad caddied for him 1st year on tour, which must have been a steadying influence and helped him acclimatise to the pro jungle. He has since moved to a pro caddy.

FWIW Martin Kaymer to me is the best young player on the Euro Tour

huggystyle

Brave Golfers Only
Sep 30, 2005
yeah you are right about that. Ollie has had a wealthy private sponsor for years, he paid for a short game area to be built in his back garden and with Nike giving him everything he wanted for free without paying him it was just like sponsoring him.

Essex-Golf

Apr 10, 2008
Hi All,

I stumbled across this interesting thread about Oliver Fisher. You all seem fairly well informed.

I run Chris Jenkins website for him - ChrisJenkinsGolf dot com

Chris has coached Oliver since he was nine years old, and he spotted his great talent and potential from the moment his Dad brought him along for a lesson.

There's plenty of info about Ollie on the website, and a new (much better) website is currently under construction.

Hope you find it informative.

Cheers

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
He has since moved to a pro caddy.

That be a mate of mine. He has landed on his feet with Fisher. Am gonna try an' blag some Nike gear off him the next time I see him :D :D

McIllroy wasn't really "overhyped", btw. He too was noticed at a very young age and has accomplished so much more than great success in the Open Championship to warrant this "over-hyping", such as winning back-to-back West of Ireland Championships and shooting an 11-under par 61 at Royal Portrush; a feat that both Graeme McDowell and Darren Clarke both didn't believe when they first heard it.
The fact that McIllroy did this at the age of 14 or 15, or whatever is something in itself.

I don't, however, fail to accept that Fisher is the better of the two at this moment of time..

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Nick Taylor is the best Canadian gofling prospect in recent memory and while he isn't at the level these young players are, he has to be a top 10 amateur by summers end.

2006 Canadian Junior Champion
2007 Canadian Amateur Champion
2007 US Amateur quarter finalist
2008 NCAA West Regional Runner up
2008 NCAA National Championship Runner up
2008 Won his US Open sectional qualifier

All this at the age of 20 years old.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Nick Taylor is the best Canadian gofling prospect in recent memory and while he isn't at the level these young players are, he has to be a top 10 amateur by summers end.

2006 Canadian Junior Champion
2007 Canadian Amateur Champion
2007 US Amateur quarter finalist
2008 NCAA West Regional Runner up
2008 NCAA National Championship Runner up
2008 Won his US Open sectional qualifier

All this at the age of 20 years old.

Haha I found the post!

Jason, this kid is such an amazing golfer. I grew up playing against him and when ppl heard he was playing it was a "so whose going to finish second" as soon as his name was mentioned. True enough he shot under 70 everywhere, his last year of jr, other than the big tourneys, in the smaller jr tourneys I dont think I ever saw him above 69.

He will be the next best Canadian golfer for sure.

He won his sectional in Oregon by two shots btw and currently plays at U of Washington.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I will be cheering for this kid this week.

I love seeing amateurs getting a chance to test their skills against the pros!

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Haha I found the post!

Jason, this kid is such an amazing golfer. I grew up playing against him and when ppl heard he was playing it was a "so whose going to finish second" as soon as his name was mentioned. True enough he shot under 70 everywhere, his last year of jr, other than the big tourneys, in the smaller jr tourneys I dont think I ever saw him above 69.

He will be the next best Canadian golfer for sure.

He won his sectional in Oregon by two shots btw and currently plays at U of Washington.
From what I heard he isn't long...maybe 275-280 off the tee. With a little time in the gym he can probably top out around 290....the same as Justin Rose. His game is accuracy and short game.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Thread seems to have been resurrected so I'll throw me tuppence in. The Euro Tour is crying out to have their version of Tiger - startling amateur career that transfers seemlessly to a startling pro career. The expectancy on these young 'uns to challenge Tiger is ultimately pointless. After 3 events last year McIroy was touted for RC spot - currently he lies 87th on order of merit with €170,000 in the bank. His putting to my mind is nowhere good enough to contend at the top end of the Euro Tour let alone the pressure cooker of a major/RC. Give these kids time, let them learn the game instead of burdening them with the weight of expectation, then those that are genuinely good enough will flourish

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.