• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who knew WBL would be right?

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Well after a week of playing with my new ping clubs, I must say im pleasently suprised. The irons are honestly what i expected, workable, consistant, and decently forgiving. However they don't really blow up my skirt and are comparable to any other iron I hit that is fitted for me.
However, the Rapture. Holy hell. Since its probably one of the most forgiving drivers i've owned, I really can go after it. Im glad I decided to butt trim and not tip it, as the VS Proto really comes alive. I get good LA and what feels like a very solid spin rate. High and penetrating trajectory that seems to just hang. Which I get with most drivers, but this badboy actually hits the ground running. I must say, I am very happy I had this club put together.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
WBL isn't right.

You're just in the Dummy Club now.

You're membership card is in the mail. :biglol::D:mgw:

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Angel Cabrera still plays the original Rapture. I won't say another word.. :)

WBL isn't right.

You're just in the Dummy Club now.

You're membership card is in the mail. :biglol::D:mgw:

R35

I'm willing to bet R35 has NEVER hit a Rapture or given it (or any other Ping driver) a chance so can not back this up. :) If he were to take a Rapture or G10 and put in his favorite shaft he'd be so blown away he'd be talking non-stop about it... :D Matter of fact I "challenge" him to do that (on his money) :) and put up a review.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm willing to bet R35 has NEVER hit a Rapture or given it (or any other Ping driver) a chance so can not back this up. :) If he were to take a Rapture or G10 and put in his favorite shaft he'd be so blown away he'd be talking non-stop about it... :D Matter of fact I "challenge" him to do that (on his money) :) and put up a review.

Nope. I've gripped a Rapture at the store, shook my head and kept on looking. That's about as close as I've come to hitting a Ping driver in a long while. The last one might have been a ISI. It's been a while.

I did own a set of Zing 2's. They were absolute dog shit. Worst irons ever. I don't know what they put in those things for shafts, but the feel store called and they're out of it. Just brutal.

I know Ping makes great stuff, it just doesn't turn my crank from an asthetics standpoint. Just my opinion.

Plus I like ragging you old bastards any chance I can. :killersmiley:

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The Rapture is my favorite of the Ping drivers, I know everyone raves about the G10, but it just wasn't for me. The rapture is great tho

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I'm going to give the i15 a go just because of the all black head. It's sick looking.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The Rapture is my favorite of the Ping drivers, I know everyone raves about the G10, but it just wasn't for me. The rapture is great tho

VtDivot

The Rapture might be better then the G10. At the time the G10 came out the Rapture was still big bucks so I went the cheaper route. I sure did hit my Rapture nice. :(

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
And another golfer gains the wisdom so few (Rock) will ever know....:D

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I have a question for all you Ping Faithful....

if they're so great, how come we never hear of anyone buying fakes?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I have a question for all you Ping Faithful....

if they're so great, how come we never hear of anyone buying fakes?

While I never defend Ping, I will say this. They are designed and manufactuered in the USA (I think still) That means that the R and D and the preliminary casting go unstolen. Knock off makers are lazy, and are not going to the length of actually developing the molds for this stuff. One way an OEM could prevent copy cats would be to move the development/production to another country, perhaps even here.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.