• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who wins the all-time greats foursome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennys here

Aug 15, 2007
Well I've enjoyed it,I have to admit.And,I really should watch the Golf Channel more,its clearly very informative.

Any thread that has the line 'who the f are they retardo' needs to be sticky and archived forever.
thanks dave finally someone who appreciates quality writing.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
No,you aren' that bad,but the new gang which includes Lenny and Omen have created bad vibes,you seem to be guilty by loose assoiciation.I doubt you will lose much sleep.

Have a good round,mine is tomorrow.I intend to shoot 63 and win

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Horseballs, I did not threaten you. You have implyed that I have double standards. You also brought my occupation into a thread where it has no business.

You seem to be trying to take this to a new level and make it personal. If you want to make it personal, then I suggest you do it in a PM, not on a thread where everyone can read it.

lennys here

Aug 15, 2007
Horseballs, I did not threaten you. You have implyed that I have double standards. You also brought my occupation into a thread where it has no business.

You seem to be trying to take this to a new level and make it personal. If you want to make it personal, then I suggest you do it in a PM, not on a thread where everyone can read it.
siberian, i think it is obvious of your occupation,also he didnt say anything negative about said occupation. just my .02

DVS

Aug 15, 2007
From a ball striking stand point, Hogan would probably dominate. I have obviously never seen him play, but from the things that I have read about him, he supposedly had surgical precision with an iron.

But once on the green, or even missed shots around the green....Tiger would eat it up. Cause at the end of the day, its not the guy with the best swing, but the guy who took the least swings to get it in the hole over 18 holes that wins.

Everyone always makes a big fuss about Tiger's power. Truth is, lots of golfers these days out drive him. But I think what really separates Tiger from the pack is his short game. Yes Phil may make cute backwards shots with a SW, but Tiger is a machine when it comes to getting up and down. How many clutch putts have you seen Tiger miss? Not many I'd venture to say.

As for this thread, I am surprised to see so much disrespect for someone of Hogan's stature. His swing is still used as a template for the majority of the pros playing today.

So I'd say:

1. Woods
2. Hogan
3. Nicklaus
4. Jones
5. me. lol

-DVS

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Good points well made.However......................Hogan didn't need to be that good on the greens because he aimed for the flat bit and always got it close,remember that.He once played a round hitting 6 pins.the next round he aimed for the flattest part of the greens nearest the hole.So Tiger may be a better putter,no question,but better from 15 feet downhill,when Hogan is 6ft flat? Thats the fairest comparison tbh,Hogan would be closer ON THE RIGHT SIDE of the hole.

If anyone wants to see what Hogan was capable off buy the Shell World of Golf Snead V HOgan.H ewas well past his prime,but his striking and control,particularly trajectory was incredible.He placed the ball off the tee within inches of the perfect spot every time,then hit the part of the green he wanted,on each green.His eyes were shot by then and he couldn't hole a putt

Omen

Dec 20, 2006
Now what have I said that is wrong?

I think a few on here are wound a little too tight and their man crushes are clearly evident in this thread.

i think stanters needs to get laid so bad that i'd be willing to start a fund to pay for the event.

I dont recall calling anyone a name on here, but i have been called a wanker to which i very maturely turned my cheek.

and for the record i would rape hogan with a seven iron and a wedge... that guy couldnt pure a callaway shovel much less a grain flow forged mizuno blade.... tell him the USJGA games are down the street.

Tiger is the best ballstriker of all time and he would beat all of your child hood crushes: GET OVER IT.

But DAMN WOULD I LOOK GOOD IN THAT IAN POULTER CLOTHING LINE. I would prefer a soft purple over that gentle pink but the pink would be super for a sunday pairing with tiger.... I cant wait till next year.

HOGAN SUCKED.....

sincerly Omen, Moderator.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
That is a post with one aim,to flame the board.I fear you are now toast Mr Omen.Its been fun.................

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Indeed Dave - it may have worked too but then he went and ruined it by using the phrase "i think" - now we are creative and imaginative souls but we do have limits on such fantasies.

Omen

Dec 20, 2006
no flaming intended... i was just saying that a few people could lighten up and that i agree there is no need for name calling. I would never stoop to such a level and i do honestly feel that hogan is overrated. he wasnt that good.

who rates him as the greatest ball striker of all times?

what was his GIR % ? or his fairway % ?

let's see some numbers not opinions.

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
I think Horseballs, Omen, the gentleman in my sig below, and Fred Flintstone win the all time great golf foursome...

I do digress...
------------------------------------

I am dismayed and saddened by this turn of events on our polite golf board.

I certainly do not make such requests lightly, but

I must now advise that a 1 week ban, be administrated against Horseballs and Omen, effective immediately.

:(

Unsure of the future,

spankdoggie

lennys here

Aug 15, 2007
I think Horseballs, Omen, the gentleman in my sig below, and Fred Flintstone win the all time great golf foursome...

I do digress...
------------------------------------

I am dismayed and saddened by this turn of events on our polite golf board.

I certainly do not make such requests lightly, but

I must now advise that a 1 week ban, be administrated against Horseballs and Omen, effective immediately.

:(

Unsure of the future,

spankdoggie
i take great offense to this pic as i believe he may be my fathers grandfather.
i take greater offense to your name as i find that it may be degrading to my friend siberian and his profession and think it should be removed immediately.
thanks for your understanding and your quick action to remove said offensities.
lenny

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
I also recommend a 1 week ban for Lenny.

Ban the bastards for a week, and maybe they will have a little more respect in the future. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts