• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who's an idiot?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
This guy! I found a good deal on Rifle flighted project X shafts off ebay last week. They arrived today. .370 tip and in my haste to get them installed, I read the wrong tip trim instructions. I read instructions for installing the .370 into a PW, cut 4.25" off the tip. I DIDN'T read the instructions for installing the wedge specific shaft into a wedge head, which I assume now to be butt trim to length only....

Imagine what happened when I trimmed 4.25" off a 37.5' shaft? Doesnt fit into the hosel and even if it did it would be way to short....

I AM A FREAKING CARELESS IDIOT!!!!

I need warmer weather, this cold is starting to affect my judgement.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
This guy! I found a good deal on Rifle flighted project X shafts off ebay last week. They arrived today. .370 tip and in my haste to get them installed, I read the wrong tip trim instructions. I read instructions for installing the .370 into a PW, cut 4.25" off the tip. I DIDN'T read the instructions for installing the wedge specific shaft into a wedge head, which I assume now to be butt trim to length only....

Imagine what happened when I trimmed 4.25" off a 37.5' shaft? Doesnt fit into the hosel and even if it did it would be way to short....

I AM A FREAKING CARELESS IDIOT!!!!

I need warmer weather, this cold is starting to affect my judgement.
Jim, that blows! Did you tip trim all of the shafts or just the wedge shaft?

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I got so excited to install them, I wasn't really paying attention!

Arghhhh!

This is a stupid rookie mistake!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Shyte! Can you put them in a putter so they're not just javelins???
Lol! That's a good idea! Of course I just sent my extra putter to you and my gamer is being stripped-kind of-at the moment.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Down here they're antennas for cars. Put a little mascot on one end and put them back on ebay.

🔥 Latest posts