• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who's an idiot?

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Dammit Jim! You've let us both down. I was really looking forward to a review on those.
Lol, tell me about it. The good news is that even if I had gotten them installed I wouldn't be able to hit them. It was 1 when I got up this morning and heated ranges don't exist around here.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
After I saw your comment about using an 8 iron shaft in the wedges for a spinner I did some checking around. One club fitter on WRX said in order to make them play the same flex you need to go two flexes stronger and when you trim them down to size they will play the same flex. So if you play 5.5 you would need a 6.5 non flighted and it will launch lower and spin a lot more. Since I play 6.0 non flighted I would need 7.0 non flighted and it would play like a 6.0 and launch lower and spin more. I'm very intrigued by this. I think since you got flighted wedge shafts they are hard stepped. Which would make them launch lower and spin less. Something else to think about there. I think I'll have my Covert tour cut down to 44.5" and hide some lead tape in the cavity to keep the swing weight the same. I think I'll check on doing the spinner shaft thing on my sand anl lob wedges as well. I want to re-grip my irons with the golf pride NDMC white outs too. I wish this damn snow would stop. I want to play so bad!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
But if you get them done now as soon as the weather breaks you'll be ready to go!
tell me about it. I'm really debating between ordering another pair or holding off.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And you call yourself a ho.
I'm so ashamed.
I dropped $35 shipped for those two, and it was a complete loss. If I do it again I will have spend $70 to shaft 2 clubs. Its the ho impulse to sell to buy that is holding me back at this point...

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I dropped $35 shipped for those two, and it was a complete loss. If I do it again I will have spend $70 to shaft 2 clubs. Its the ho impulse to sell to buy that is holding me back at this point...
And I confuse you guys?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Unless you find some really positive reviews I wouldn't do it. Dad always told me you're better off to save up and get what you really want than buy something cause its cheap and not like it.
He's in a panic, reason is quietly resting on the same shoulder as the angel.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Unless you find some really positive reviews I wouldn't do it. Dad always told me you're better off to save up and get what you really want than buy something cause its cheap and not like it.
I didn't do it, stuck with the grips. Im still super pissed at myself for the stupid rookie mistake....oh well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.