• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whos gonna make a big impression in 2008???

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Rory's just got his European Tour card for next season. He seems to be quite a grounded charactor so I wouldn't be suprised if he does at least one full season just on the European tour with no visits to the US unless he qualifies for a major or the Ryder cup team, kind of learn his trade as a pro first.

Here's an interview he gave after his 1st pro event.
YouTube - Rory McIlroy interview

Here's a great shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLGRLK0XXPI

I've never heard of the boy Jason Day!!! Who is he and where has he come from? does he have a full US Tour Card for next season??? I'm gonna YouTube him now.

Aye, I think Rose is near certain to win a British Open in the next 3 years, or so. He has really impressed me this year. Almost as much as his holed wedge shot at the final round of the Open in '98 :D I was hanging off the grandstand and I swear I was the person he was looking at and celebrating :)

There was an article in the Belfast Telegraph recently about how McIllroy turned down an invite to some playing function that Tiger was holding to concentrate on his schedule. It also mentions how at this year's Open on the practice green, McIllroy casually picked Tiger's balls out of the hole and tossed them back to him. Tiger then smiled and said "good luck today, buddy." Living the Dream, folks...:)

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
David who?

You may remember him, won 13 out of 27 tournaments in the late 90's and early 00's, shot a 59 at the Bob Hope, took over the number 1 spot from some guy named Tiger Woods, then vanished of the face of the earth after he won the Open in '02.

Or it may just seem like he vanished from earth because the TV cameras couldn't see him 40 yards deep in the trees.

Ring any bells??? :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts