• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whos gonna make a big impression in 2008???

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Camillo will be the new star. Watched him in Milwaukee and he is relaxed, jokes and puts no pressure on himself. I like the kid. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Nobody talking about Steve Stricker huh?

The guy who came from #67329089231 in the world to now #4. He's the man who will be contending this year, not Garcia

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I don't know why but I'm interested in seeing how the fat boys do.

Noob, Colt Knost

Jason Gore and the Perennial, Mr. Daly.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Further, I don't see Singh doing much until he hits the senior tour, ditto Els (save a few Euro events).

Camillo? You MUST be Joking! His best finish for 2008.....8th.

Zach Johnson, Master's champ...dormant for 2008. I see him doing well, just not up to Master's snuff.

I Like Stricker this year. A Major is not out of the question.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
After watching "My World" on the Golf Channel I'll be watching and pulling for Brandt Snedecker. He seem like a really down to earth guy and from what they showed of him playing, looks like he has game. Besides, he has a hot girl friend and it would be nice to hear a familiar accent on TV when he wins again. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ernie Els will win a major.

Andres Romero will have a breakout year and finish in the top five.

Chris DiMarco will be fully recovered from his back problems, and will win the Masters.

Jason Day will do better than Ezra thinks, but not as well as Jason Day thinks.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Nobody talking about Steve Stricker huh?

The guy who came from #67329089231 in the world to now #4. He's the man who will be contending this year, not Garcia

With any luck maybe Stricker can win Comeback Player of Year for three straight years! :laugh:

I don't know why but I'm interested in seeing how the fat boys do.

Noob, Colt Knost

Jason Gore and the Perennial, Mr. Daly.

Don't forget about Kevin Stadler; if I recall correctly, he had a solid year on the Euro tour this year.

Ian Poulter
Justin Rose
Hunter Mahan
Romero

Hunter Mahan is a good call!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Boo Weekley finishes top 10 in all 4 majors, you heard it here.
icon10.gif
Well at least 2 anyway, lol. I like the guy and think he's one of the best ballstrikers on the planet.

joeyo

Dec 11, 2007
I'm thinking Johnson Wagner will have a breakout season, I'm kinda biased though cause he is from my area and I played in one tournament with him. Also Arjun Atwal cause he is an alum from my CC but he has no status whatsoever haha. But I think Sean O'Hair will jump from top 40 to top 10 next year def. his swing is so solid and he dropped his father-in-law caddie and will have a real tour caddie to help him out now. Also seeing the way Bubba Watson was playing in that shootout, if he can carry that over into the first couple of months of the season he can dominate any course with his length and finesse shots. A long shot this season will be AK Anthony Kim but I think he will be a top 30 player for a while when he learns to play pro golf.

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
I'll "second" the nomination of Mike Weir. He has his swing coming around and his short game is back too.
After watching Bubba Watson coupled with Sharky the other week, I'd give a vote or two to the long-ball hitter too. His putting was particularly good in that tourney for a couple of days ... so if he can ever be consistent in that area, he'll become a threat to win ... often!

A little note on Stenson: they were stating, at the Target challenge, that he's not going to be coming to North America as often in 2008. Too much travelling involved.

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
Drum role please.^*^*^*^*^* Tiger Woods makes only impression.What is point of hailing the winner of any tournament not worth its' weight as impressive.The man refuses to give up PERIOD

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I think the top Euro guy will be Stensen. He's always around it seems. :)

Did you hear that Stenson is giving up his PGA Tour card for 2008 to concentrate on playing the European tour? That is what they reported on the Golf Channel. Sounds like he may only play in selected events that he's automatically qualified for on the PGA Tour.

🔥 Latest posts