• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who's playing Sunday? (Mother's Day)

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Mother's Day is the greatest day of the year to get out and play golf thanks to all those suckers that say home with their wifes and go see their mothers.
Last year, I only snuck out for 9 and got around in an hour and a half on a course that's usually 2 1/2hrs per side. Years ago, my dad and I would get 18 in and have time to stop to pick up cards before anyone really noticed we were gone.

I'd gladly not play on father's day to sneak out on Mother's day when the course is empty.

That said, now that the baby is 10 months old, I'm not playing Sunday :( Now I'm a sucker. how about you guys?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I play every Saturday so it'll be the same this week.

Sunday we'll be going shopping. :(

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
Well unfortunately cigarettes and lung cancer took my mother from me a few years ago. I'm very anti-smoking now.

So no mother's day party for me. I'll stop by the cemetery and then I have tickets to the Jazz/Lakers playoff game. I'll play golf after that.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
As mentioned already, Sunday is supposed to be crummy weather so I have an 11:22 tee time setup for Lake Mills, have never played there.

If the forecast changes then I will go out sunday also.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'll call my mom and sister before heading out to the course.
icon10.gif
My girl works a 12hr. day on Sundays and we have no kids. I'm holding out for 40 to start reproducing.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
already did my mothers day flowers.so as long as the weathers good i be goin GOLFING.then hopefully home and not to work.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
going today after work,...tee off about 3:15. Spend the day with the family tomorrow, going to grill out burgers at the in-laws.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
going today after work,...tee off about 3:15. Spend the day with the family tomorrow, going to grill out burgers at the in-laws.

Dagris, the weather here is supposed to be 75% chance of thunderstorms startig this evening.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I have a 8:00am tee time, but the weather isn't looking like it's going to cooperate. Forecast is for rain and high winds.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
7:20 tee time. :p

I'll bring Mom some lobsters after that.

....priorities.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played this morning. Mowed the yard this afternoon and took the wife out to dinner for "Mother's Day" this evening. First tee time at the course tomorrow morning. Ya gotta assess your priorities!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.