• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why are Putters made....

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
...With a sole that makes the club set up hands behind the face? I know many are not that way of course, and I think those that sole hands forward are more normal in the traditiin of a short iron or wedge design.

But those setting up head forward and hands back set up like driver and seem real hard to keep accurate. Do you think this is just a something for everybody design or what?

Rocco Mediate was hitting a big tm like my Daddy Long Legs but his putter shaft had obviously been moved forward and was not like mine, or any I had seen for sale.

Just wondering why as usual...

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
...With a sole that makes the club set up hands behind the face? I know many are not that way of course, and I think those that sole hands forward are more normal in the traditiin of a short iron or wedge design.

But those setting up head forward and hands back set up like driver and seem real hard to keep accurate. Do you think this is just a something for everybody design or what?

Rocco Mediate was hitting a big tm like my Daddy Long Legs but his putter shaft had obviously been moved forward and was not like mine, or any I had seen for sale.

Just wondering why as usual...
If you can't find a putter that fits your eye... stance... set up... mentality, or lack thereof... you just ain't lookin'. Putters have been build offset, onset, bassakwards, low loft, high loft, grooved face, 'teardrop' face, long, short.... If you can't find one that suits your eye, try the splitting maul. :D

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
well there are two " I dont Knows".

Look..36 of 72 strokes are related to this sh*t and thats all I get?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
well there are two " I dont Knows".

Look..36 of 72 strokes are related to this sh*t and thats all I get?
Who knows. Find one you like, that fits your stroke and you make putts with. Them stop asking questions.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Stop asking questions? Like how many putts you average? Do you mean that kind of question?

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
1393118960310.jpg

My putters are forward and backward leaning. You dont have to be so harsh.

I lined the faces with the wood on the floor and let them sit. The fitting club that is second from right is set at 72 degrees and zero loft. My gamer is 3 from left.

Last edited:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
View attachment 23837

My putters are forward and backward leaning. You dont have to be so harsh.

I lined the faces with the wood on the floor and let them sit. The fitting club that is second from right is set at 72 degrees and zero loft. My gamer is 3 from left.
Wasn't being harsh. Like I said, find a putter you like and forget the rest.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
You were being mean. Admit it. No cause for that. And how does one find a putter anyway? It appears throwing money at them is not a solution. Thus my question. Then you Squatched me.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
You were being mean. Admit it. No cause for that. And how does one find a putter anyway? It appears throwing money at them is not a solution. Thus my question. Then you Squatched me.
Do you need a hug? If you think that was mean, we need to work on toughening you up.

As for putters, I try them. I've owned maybe 5 putters in my life. I'm the putter anti ho. Honestly, I can putt with anything. It just so happens that heel shafted work, look and feel best to me.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Thanks for the offer but I would be crushed to death.

I want to make 4 to 6 birdies per round. I avg 2 now. Im really serious about asking why about putters.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Somebody call 9-wah-wah we need a wambulance. Perhaps a wamburger and some french cries would make you feel a little better? Or maybe a ride in my General Lee? Hmmm... what's the connection between Bubba and Daisy Duke? I GOT IT, putt left handed! Replace all of your putters with left handed ones. Maybe that will re-align your eyeballs... herp derp herp derp...

🔥 Latest posts