• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why do people invest so much money in putters?

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
Wow. That's pretty cool. I take it in reality there must be more than $350 wrapped up in The Scorpion.

yes but it would suck to admit i'm playing a putter that cost in excess of $20k:wow:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
"Increases performance" in what aspect?

And an "expensive grip" on a putter is about $10. Hardly a comparison to leather seats in a car, anyway.

I agree with the now way is any putter actually increasing performance, it may give the user confidence but that's it.

And an expensive putter grip is way more than $10, how much are those Ostrich & Snakeskin ones, something like $100-200?

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Ive been guility of buying expensive putters a couple times (Scotty Cameron Red-X and a Bettinardi C-06) and they honestly arent much, if any better than a $100 putter.
Honestly, if I had it to do all over again, Id probably just spend $90 for a Ping Anser and call it a day.

americanfighter

Sep 21, 2008
I agree to an extent case. There are 2 things to look at when buying a putter.

Confidence and feel after that its all the same to me. I guess you could argue that the big mallet heads help you line up puts easier. The flat stick is the most important club in the bag so do what makes you feel confident.

I play the white xg hot sabertooth because it helps alignment and has a great feel when I strike it.

I can tell you this do not I repeat do not waste your money on a scotty Cameron

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Hmmmm, we've tried the car analogies, didn't seem to work. How about this, and no offense Claire. But lets say you met 2 sweet girls, both of them great in bed, great cooks, and you enjoyed both of their's company just the same. But one of them made your chest swell with pride to be seen in public with, and the other, well, you get the idea. Which one would you prefer to marry? :mgw:

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Sorry, I still don't marry the Scotty. Never worried much about who or what I'm seen with. At least I can still afford to be seen in better places with the other woman..... err... putter. :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Or to put it some way Jeff may understand, I'll take two 5's instead of a 10:mgw:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.