• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why doctors' businesses are called "practices"

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
You would think that after 18 years of doing something, you would pretty much have seen it all. But.

This week I saw a 6 year old Lab mix dog for an acute lameness. I have been this dogs' vet ever since she was adopted from the pound as a puppy. Very nice dog. Never had any major problems.

She was very lame on one of her hind legs. Looked just like a cranial (anterior) cruciate ligament tear: except no drawer movement. So I took radiographs: Notice that the right leg is about 1cm shorter than the left and the lytic lesion in the distal right femur. Osteosarcoma with a pathological compression fracture.

So sad.
ven-dors extended.JPG
L stifle lat.JPG
R stifle lat.JPG

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Bravo said:
What can you do for a dog like this??

Same thing as for people: full limb amputation, followed by chemotherapy, except in dogs no prosthesis. Most dogs do quite well on 3 legs; luckily God gave them an extra.

But in this case, the owners elected euthanasia. Sad.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
From today.....

My dawg is skinny:

Gee, I wonder why: hookworm and whipworm ova in fecal sample, 100X magnification. The worms are getting more to eat than the dawg is.
labeled hookworms whipworm.JPG

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet. I find that so fascinating, and at the same time, so saddening.

I don't envy you Doc, but I applaud your efforts nonetheless. It takes someone special to deal with that on an everyday basis.

I take back everything bad I ever said about your golf game. Everything.

Except your putting. Atrocious.

:D

R35

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
You haven't seen me try to hit an iron shot into a green. It's far worse than my putting. :) Last week I s*****d 3 wedges into the woods.

In my defense, I was nervous; playing with 2 70s shooters I had never met before, on a course I had never played before. And my underwear kept crawling up. Next week I'm going commando.

Funny, at the range, I can stick iron shots right on the pin.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
SiberianDVM said:
Funny, at the range, I can stick iron shots right on the pin.

That's because you wear the thong there.

Don't ever be intimidated by other players or you're done before you tee off. The best bet is to play within your game and KNOW that you can pull the shot off.

Skulled wedges are brainless. Everyone does it. It's from taking a peek to see where the ball is going. Too bad you see it sail 15 feet off the ground 50 yards into the bush. Uggghh....

R35

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
That's because you wear the thong there

Hmmm. Mental image there I could do without. :)

Could you imagine everyone at your club showing up Sunday morning wearing only a thong, hat, and shoes?
pt_lwg_2005_ent-lead__200x250.jpg

🔥 Latest posts