• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why Golf Courses Lose Players - What's your Tale?

Our greens keeper doesnt play, doesnt have "it" for the biology of the flora, and according to the commentary today, pretty much teed himself up for a big ol boot. Its a hard job in a lot of ways, but if you dont have a core interest in the game, it becomes extremely difficult.

Agree...there has to be a interest or passion for the game. Otherwise it just becomes cutting grass and landscaping.

Worst for me is when the golf course employees treat it like their own private training facility, having five somes and up even on weekends, when they should be on point with their guests. Sometimes playing on the clock, waiting until like 2 or 3 to mow the greens, and not emptying the trash. Hell, if they are plaiying on the clock, they can at least carry the cup cutter and a few trash bags with them and look like they are working?? Sometimes will hit dozens of balls off of the tee, and leave them there to pick up later. Confusing when you are looking for your own ball!

Worst for me is when the golf course employees treat it like their own private training facility, having five somes and up even on weekends, when they should be on point with their guests. Sometimes playing on the clock, waiting until like 2 or 3 to mow the greens, and not emptying the trash. Hell, if they are plaiying on the clock, they can at least carry the cup cutter and a few trash bags with them and look like they are working?? Sometimes will hit dozens of balls off of the tee, and leave them there to pick up later. Confusing when you are looking for your own ball!
Agreed, and every time they are on the clock, or hourly trades for green fees, all of which comes from a casual management structure. Just because one member of the course structure has a PGA ticket, the incorrect assumption is they can therefore manage a retail operation, food services or restuerant, agronomy functions and mechanical repair and fleet mechanical maintenance / capital planning and human resources and tax planning.

One the drives me nuts is the douchebag on the massive mower following you from hole to hole. Get the hell off my ass and go mow somewhere else! Course wasn't busy at all yet every damn hole this guy was there, I have refused to play there ever since.

Agreed, and every time they are on the clock, or hourly trades for green fees, all of which comes from a casual management structure. Just because one member of the course structure has a PGA ticket, the incorrect assumption is they can therefore manage a retail operation, food services or restuerant, agronomy functions and mechanical repair and fleet mechanical maintenance / capital planning and human resources and tax planning.
youmare correct sir, what they need is a manager. Let the pro teach and offer workshops, let the superintendent maintain and improve the facility, let the, managermmanage the business aspects of the course. Simple plan, hardly ever followed.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back