• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why I Hate Movie Critics

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Let's hear yours.

My big one? They don't get it. It is all black and white to them. Proper filmmaking, in general, and not always innovation, or what the movie means contextually.

My best two cases? MAX PAYNE is getting poor reviews, but it is one of the few movies I've seen thus far that is actually trying to stay close to the idea of the game. To me, more important than appeasing the masses.

The Star Wars Clone Wars movie. It was an intro for the T.V. show, not meant to be anything spectacular, but just a fun little movie. Contextually, it was great, but everyone reamed it.

My big thing is I just hate critics, and rarely reference them.

Oh, and if they ever make a Warhammer 40,000 movie, and I hope they do, I know it will probably be ill-received.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Best thing about critics, you can choose to ignore them.

See, here's another thing I hate. People are always saying, "You can choose to ignore them." Blah blah blah.

Did I ever say that I paid that much attention to them? No. I said I hate them. If you want to piss in my cheerios, bug off of my thread.

Ranting is good for people anyway.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'll piss in your cheerios, but only because it sounds like fun :)

A guy at my job was telling me a story that ended with him peeing on his college room-mate's rabbit. Funniest story I heard all week.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I agree with you most critics suck.

I guess a movie critic is just about one person's opinion, that's all. Depending on the magazine/program you read, you'll find a different criticism. Something like Maxim (if the do have a critic) would find Hulk to be the best movie ever, but in the TIME magazine you'll find average critics but a great review on "The Smell of the Green Papaya" (which I hated by the way). I think reviews are based on the type of reader the movie thread is going to have rather than on the actual quality of the movie.

If I was to be a critic everyone would hate me though, since my opinion on movies is mostly contrary to the "average person" one (Hated Lord of the Rings for example). SO I guess, again it comes back to the fact of different taste. :thumbs up:

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Thanks Xamilo! You rock.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
In Australia things were a little bit different regarding new releases not a long time ago. We used to get movies really really late. We would be watching Jurassic Park 2 when the IV version was already in DVD in the stores (well, I'm exaggerating, but pretty much it was/is like that). This gave time for the "awards" to stat kicking in their nominees when the movie was still in the theaters. It was very funny how movies which had average critics (cough...cough....Gladiator), suddenly changed into having the best reviews when an Oscar nomination probability was given on that specific movie. Maybe OZs didn't wanted their American friends to think we were "ignorant" about movies?

🔥 Latest posts