• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Would some one go to a driving range and practice in a denim jacket? I have used a picture of a world famous singer songwriter and international style icon, Shakin Stevens, to model one such jacket

awww.childofthe1980s.com_wordpress_wp_content_uploads_2007_11_shakin_stevens.jpg

Those of a certain age will assoiciate these jackets with rockers, and punks, but whatever music you like, I can assure you they are impossible to swing a golf club in.

Anyway, the very fact someone turned up in one annoyed me so much I went home. Just watching him struggling like mad just totally put me off. What a penus. I am obsessed with having t-shirts that fit properly, I hate feeling any tug on my armpits on the downswing, I know I have OCD but still, denim?

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Wow, that it annoyed you enough that this guy was trying to swing in a denim jacket is beyond me.

Id just chuckle at him and go about my practise...:laugh:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
So, I guess you wouldn't like my denim thong, huh dave?

I agree with you, though...why in the world would you try to swing a club in a denim jacket?

Piper, slight aside...guy walked in where I was eating lunch with a NCWC sweatshirt on. Saw it and told my wife (who went to WVWC, btw) that I knew one of the guys on their golf team.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
That was today? Was it an NCWC, or an NCWC Golf?

I think like half the student body has some sort of NCWC shirt...:laugh:. Don't know what the hell they're so proud of...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Just NCWC. It was actually a middle aged man (mid/upper 50's)...might have a son/daughter there.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I'm more worried about why you have that Shakin' Stevens calendar.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I'm more worried about why you have that Shakin' Stevens calendar.

That was my only thought too.

I might have my wife cut up an old pair of blue jeans & make some headcovers for my clubs, if she adds tassles to the tops that would be so hot.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
What some folks wear out on the course/driving range just baffles me. I recently saw a pic of these guys playing golf in blue jeans and gym socks! And then another after round photo where they were wearing denim shorts, cut-off t-shirts, and (get this) velcro closure shoes!

:laugh:

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
What some folks wear out on the course/driving range just baffles me. I recently saw a pic of these guys playing golf in blue jeans and gym socks! And then another after round photo where they were wearing denim shorts, cut-off t-shirts, and (get this) velcro closure shoes!

:laugh:

haha Sssmokin... lmao

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.