• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WI outing summer 09

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I was talking to Bob (nututhugame) the other day and he got me thinking about a WI outing. May be a little early for this, but if I'm going to spring for a nice course I like to know well in advance. Also maybe this will give more guys a chance to commit; would be cool to get everybody to come.

The last week of June/first week of July are out for me as I will be at our cabin. The middle of June would be good for me, as well as another outing or two later in the summer?

WG - when do you expect to be back on the course? Surely by June, yes?

Anybody have an idea for a course? I know I'm kinda the odd man out location wise (GB) but I'll drive anywhere for good golf.

What say you?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Many great courses in Wisconsin. If we can define a quadrant then time and exact location will be easier. June is fine with me and I can travel too.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I do not have a deep knowledge of the courses of WI as I have only been a golfer for about 7 months. Really, i'm cool with whatever. I do agree that there will have to be a fair amount of time to plan as I will have to allocate funds and lock down a date on the calender. I will do some research and try to come up with some input as to where to go. All the input we can gather the better.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Jake, by June I should be good to go, game may be rusty but at least I will have a valid excuse to suck:prop:

And it doesn't matter to me where it's held, willing & able to travel. Thanks for grabbing the bull by the horns & spearheading this.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ya'll could load up a big SUV, split the gas and driving, and come on down to Tn. in April, :laugh:

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I'm up for a good summer golf outing. Anybody have a good idea for a part of the state where we should hold it? Lake Geneva has a lot of good courses, but is a pretty long drive for Mike. There are also some good courses around the Hayward and Minocqua areas.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I can probably make a couple this summer.

Willing to drive(probably not more than 2.5hours-ish one way though...makes it too much like work).

Anybody know how to make one of those maps where we Wisconsin people can mark our general location on it? Then we can pick a course or a couple of courses towards the middle of the 'pack' so we can minimize diving expenses. I'm not real sure how or where to set one of those up....

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I'd be glad to join in again. Last September at Silver Spring was a good time. I'm pretty flexible as to price and date as long as I have a little lead time.

Kevin

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I can probably make a couple this summer.

Willing to drive(probably not more than 2.5hours-ish one way though...makes it too much like work).

Anybody know how to make one of those maps where we Wisconsin people can mark our general location on it? Then we can pick a course or a couple of courses towards the middle of the 'pack' so we can minimize diving expenses. I'm not real sure how or where to set one of those up....

eclark53520

Put your location on the ShotTalk map!! Ours are on there.

http://www.shottalk.com/forum/shot-talk/2992-put-yourself-map.html

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Should we plan 3 of them?

One in madison, one over by milwaukee and one up somewhere by GB or maybe a touch south of GB?

That would kinda cover everyones basis and while none of them are really close to my home i wouldnt be opposed to making two longer trips this summer.

ETA: Sunday's are the best for me, i always have Sunday's to myself for the most part, saturday's i can do if i have some advanced notice so i can find a sitter for my daughter...if she was a bit older i would bring her with to drive the cart:prop:

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
What defines a good course. Good course design is a given---Carts with GPS?, expensive clubhouse or a trailer???---price with cart price range---do you want to go a premium rate time or catch a twilight.

Some twilights are rather early like The Oaks (Madison) on Sunday at 1PM. Or The Legends at Bergamont. Castle Rock at Mauston is a classy little golf course with a trailer like structure for a club house.
Better than average golf and a low price. I would think less than $40 with cart. Home

A bit more pricey is The Oaks at Cottage Grove http://www.golftheoaks.com

The Legends at Bergamont Home Page | The Legend at Bergamont

Or the replica course Northern Bay 20 miles north of the Dells Northern Bay Golf Resort, Water Park and Marina :: Golf :: Golf Packages NB the last half of the season offered discount coupons (Madison and Milw newspapers)for $59 which included carts. Great deal. They may continue as the housing /condo portion is in receivership and $$$ are needed.

There are some hidden gems out there for fairly cheap --less than $50. Eau Claire--Wild Ridge is an awesome course but a bit of a hike for most. Better than Lawsonia for less than $50 bill.

Viroqua Hills is also very good for the price but in SW corner of state.

If we go on a weekend we will be at top shelf rate unless a deal is cut or twilight rate.

Let's list so priorities on the course choice and then look

Me
Saturday, Sunday
Twilight fine or under $60 with cart
Green quality is my #1 request
Travel to all corners and in between is fine
Walk or cart is fine.
I have not golfed many courses on the E or SE side of the state so I would love to travel that direction.

With today's economy some deals may be had.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.