• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WI outing summer 09

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Jer, myself & Zaphod absolutley must take you to Wildrock this fall when the rates are low. Plenty of trees, some absolutely incredible & stunning elevation changes, etc.

I can pretty much promise you after playing here, you will hate all the Racine & Milwaukee area courses.

Wi-Golfer

But I ALREADY hate all the Racine & Milwaukee area courses... :D

Sounds great for Wildrock.. :)

AGREED on this one----Same for the Lakes course at Arrowhead. A real pleasure at twilight rates.

Anyone play Erin Glen not Erin Hills near Janesville I believe? Got a good review in the State Journal.

zaphod

I've "almost" played Glen Erin (actually near the airport in Janesville) the last two summers. It looks very nice and not far from me.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Wisconsin Golf Courses - Irish Golf Course Glen Erin Golf Club Janesville WI
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
God, I'd love to be able to join you guys on something like this...

I wonder how my lotto ticket went tonight???? :laugh:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
This year I will be at the Milwauke and Green Bay golf shows...maybe we can set something up at one of those places around then sa well?

Those are more in Springtime...maybe we can do both???

We're usually still waiting for grass to show around the time of the Milwaukee Show. What company are you with? I'll be down there wandering around one of the days.

Kevin

I won't be attending the Milwaukee show this year. It's march 13-15 & I may still be in the hospital or best case home for a few days afterwards.

The Madison show is coming up in 2 weeks, the 20th-22nd & I will be there for an hr or 2.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I'd like to reincarnate this topic and get something set so I have something really cool to look forward to. Plus i'll know how long I have to rid my game of embarassing suckness. I like the looks of the Glen Erin course for price/travel/as well as course. We should narrow everything down to a couple of courses and vote or whatever. Get all these details ironed out. I am not restricting myself to this course, but it is a definate possibility.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I think the Glen Erin course would be good for one of them.

Right off of I90 for our southern and norther folks and not too far from the 43/90 interchange for those in the Milwaukee/Chicago area...

That and its only like 30 minutes from my house :)

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I'm down for Glen Erin as well. When are we thinking this can happen? I need to give advance notice if we do this on a Saturday, but I can do Sunday much easier. Are we thinking May/June? Sorry if it has already been discussed.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
May or June sounds great to me. Weather depending of course. My thinking is that if weather is good enough in may we could do May and that would leave the door open for another one later in the year. That would also be cool if there is a second or third course in mind... Glen Erin in May and another course in September or whenever fall rates hit. We could do a pricier one in fall. One question I do have is for an outing like this do you have to plan it with the course ahead of time and if so how far in advance?

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Glen Erin sounds all right, good price too. That is a 3 hour drive for me. I won't be able to make it if you guys have one in May. Any time in the summer is good though.

edit: Maybe Glen Erin would be a good one for May as long as another one or two is planned for the summer. I'm only good for June, July, August. I'm outta here in September to further my knowledge.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I Nominate Sunday June 7th at Glen Erin....the quicker we set dates the more time people have to make arrangements to be there.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I Nominate Sunday June 7th at Glen Erin....the quicker we set dates the more time people have to make arrangements to be there.

I'll probably be out for Glen Erin on the 7th. Graduation on the 5th, I'll probably be busy all weekend. Plus its a 3hr drive. :eek:

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I am good with June 7'th at Glen Erin as far as I know. Never know what the wife will come up with or other things that may happen between now and then, but i'm in.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Congrats grad!!

I think the second(or third if there is three) will be up closer to you later in the year, i'm sure we can do another one.

I will make another thread for the June 7th checkin to keep this thread for new ideas and other dates.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Mike, what would be a better weekend for you? being as the drive would be long for you the least we could do is try to pick a weekend that would allow you to come. I'd feel bad if you don't make it even if there are other ones because you're the one who started the thread.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Mike, what would be a better weekend for you? being as the drive would be long for you the least we could do is try to pick a weekend that would allow you to come. I'd feel bad if you don't make it even if there are other ones because you're the one who started the thread.

Like I said, anything, all summer long, starting from the middle of June until the end of August. Excluding the first week of July. I need a 3 week notice to get off work.

Go for Glen Erin on the 7th, I'm sure we can have another meeting further north later.

edit: actually I was kinda bummed when clark said the 7th, as basically any weekend after that would be good for me.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.