• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wide Shoes (Go Footjoy)

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
Long ago I was looking for shoes that were wide enough for me. I went through both Nike and Callaway shoes and could not get comfortable.

Last July I bought some Footjoy Contours. I have been very happy with them. Very comfortable. I can walk 18 holes and still feel good.

PINGELI

Sep 7, 2007
Footjoys are the best. Do they tend to run a little big for you? I usually wear 12 but in Footjoy's I'm an 11 or 11.5 XW. I have a pair of all black Dyjoy PRO an dwould love to get a second pair but can't find them anymore.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Exactly the same for me with the sizing - I'm an 11.5W in pretty much every make of shoe, and the Footjoys I tried the other day all fitted me perfectly when I tried the 10.5W. I actually find it more helpful to follow the European sizes on the box now, as that seems to be more accurate for comparing different makes. I ended up buying a pair of the new design Contours and wore them on Monday for the first time - they felt VERY comfortable!

Incidentally, I have a couple of pairs of 2006 model Nikes that are 11.5W and fit perfectly, but when I tried on the 2007 models I needed to drop down to an 11W to get the same fit. Anyone else have the same issue?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Long ago I was looking for shoes that were wide enough for me. I went through both Nike and Callaway shoes and could not get comfortable.

Last July I bought some Footjoy Contours. I have been very happy with them. Very comfortable. I can walk 18 holes and still feel good.

LOL, Try being a 16W! I basically have 2 options with shoes, Footjoy and New balance. Right now I have footjoy and am very happy with them...

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
LOL, Try being a 16W! I basically have 2 options with shoes, Footjoy and New balance. Right now I have footjoy and am very happy with them...

What make of footjoy?

I'm 15 med or wide depending who makes them..

I'm looking at the e contour .

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What make of footjoy?

I'm 15 med or wide depending who makes them..

I'm looking at the e contour .

I believe it was the E comfort series, they are pretty good and reasonably priced.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
you know what they say about men with big feet...........

big shoes :laugh:

Tell me about it, although the funny thing is its gotten ALOT easier to find bigger shoes over the last 10yrs or so, but it is still super tough finding socks in that size that fit well...

Armygolf

Sep 7, 2007
Another vote for the FootJoy. I usually need a wide shoe, but I found the Footjoy mediums to fit fine.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I usually wear Footjoys, because I wear a 13 and the Mediums are usually all you can find, and they do run a little wider.

Bite's also come fairly wide, even wider than the FJ's. Ecco's run extremely narrow because of the stitching, and even run narrower among certain types like the Hydromax.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004

I'm getting ready to replace my Contours with a new pair. Great choice for people who need a wider shoe.

PINGELI

Sep 7, 2007
My brotehr wears size 17. when he played baseball, he had to special order size 17 NIKE clipper metal cleats.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Does anyone wear the adidas tour they come 16 wide?

🔥 Latest posts