• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wie Enters Q school

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
AP story reporting that Ms Wie has entered LPGA Q school and will play in the California qualifier next week.

B.J. says she had no other options since she didn't win enough money this year.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Guaranteed that qualifier has record attendance numbers.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Guaranteed that qualifier has record attendance numbers.

The last time she tried to qualify for the Open, she did it here--2 or 3 years ago. Folks were practically climbing over the fence. Pity her poor playing partners.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Good for her! Now maybe she can make something of herself instead of being a side_show!

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
The ODD thing about this is that if/when she fails to qualify, she'll still be given the max amount of exemptions to tournaments. Male and female.

I really hope she does make it just so that she can cherrypick her schedule. And so that sponsors don't have to answer the question of why they are giving an exemption to someone who hasn't won anything, hasn't performed recently, and failed in Q school.

If she does fail, personally I'd rather see those exemptions go to either of the Ashley's from HWY18.

And make them run to the tee boxes.:D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Hip hip hoorah!! About time she started "working" for her career instead of trying to get things the easy way... :)

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
And idiotic headlines like this one are exactly the reason why the Wie/Nike/WMA machine seems to avoid relatively simple decisions to benefit Wie's career:

ai340.photobucket.com_albums_o325_HarryLongshanks_Wieheadline.jpg

Rarely do you hear TGC do anything but criticize Wie for not taking the route taken by every other player. But then, as soon as she does, they throw up a headline suggesting she's screwed up again.

They just confirmed all the Wie camp's fears that she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Essentially Harry, but what do you expect?

Even The Golf Channel is just out to make money.

Why else would we see ads like THE HAMMER!

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
That was the first of two qualifiers. The second takes place in Florida, Sept. 30-Oct. 3. The top 30 from each qualifier, plus the top 10 players from the Futures Tour (Nationwide analog) play in the finals, December 1-7, in Daytona beach.

Of that group, I think (working my way through bureaucratese), the top 20 finishers get their cards and the next 20 are partially exempt.

This is one area where the differences--particularly money--between the men's and women's tours are so darn stark.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.