• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wild Dreams

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You do know that dreams are our consciousness experiencing one or more of the infinite existences we create in the infinitely parallel universe?

Right?

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Amazing how the human mind works. They still haven't a clue on why this stuff happens... Before I took (REAL Okinawan Shorin Ryu) karate I never could move from what was happening in my dreams. Karate "turns you on" to another force which allowed me to swing in my sleep. If you want to try something for an example, find two people about the same size. Have one person go behind the other and lift them up. It won't be too hard for them to do. Then take the "liftee" aside and tell them to visualize that their feet were growing roots and they were a tree solidly imbeded in the soil. The "lifter" does not know what you told them. Then have the "lifter" try to lift the "liftee" again the same way and see what happens. After you've seen that try and explain it. The "liftee" doesn't go dead weight so that's not the answer. If the "liftee" doesn't truly believe the tree root thing it won't work. There's some mental power few ever "tap" into. And no, I'm not crazy. This works. (This is why true karate, not the stuff you see on movies/tv is so awesome. When someone strikes from a solid base like this the power generated is unbelieveable. My "sensei" could generate 2,000 lbs of force with his strikes) :)

This sounds very cool...I'd like to try it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
They don't teach this to students that aren't "serious" about it. I used to sit and talk for hours with my teacher. He showed me a "kata" (form) he was taught in Okinawa which would actually raise his blood pressure big time. There was some advantage to it but he didn't teach it for the obvious danger when doing it.

If you have kids or family members of similar size have them try that lifting thing. After I left the school in North Carolina, I used that in the new school I went to in Milwaukee and one lesson was where everyone was being taught how to "sweep" another (kick to ankle to throw off balance). One of their top students was told to sweep me. I used this "thought" technique and he could NOT sweep me. He grunted and groaned and finally gave up saying "this is like trying to sweep a piano!!". I chuckled to myself.... :D

I found out how really good my first school was also during Kumite (sparring). The reason Karate is so deadly is because you are concentrating all your power into a small area (two knuckles, edge of foot etc) and this will "penetrate" and damage internal organs. If you are taught how to breath properly (exhale hard) the blows will not penetrate. I assumed they taught this at the new school. We would wear gloves and foot pads also. I also held way back on full power strikes. I had made friends with one of the students there my age and we had sparred. He was gone for a month. When he came back I asked him where he had been and he said "don't you know? You broke 3 of my ribs". That's when I quite that school. Besides fighting in my sleep (and nailing my wife) I could hurt these guys that weren't taught to breath correctly. :)

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
They don't teach this to students that aren't "serious" about it. I used to sit and talk for hours with my teacher. He showed me a "kata" (form) he was taught in Okinawa which would actually raise his blood pressure big time. There was some advantage to it but he didn't teach it for the obvious danger when doing it.

If you have kids or family members of similar size have them try that lifting thing. After I left the school in North Carolina, I used that in the new school I went to in Milwaukee and one lesson was where everyone was being taught how to "sweep" another (kick to ankle to throw off balance). One of their top students was told to sweep me. I used this "thought" technique and he could NOT sweep me. He grunted and groaned and finally gave up saying "this is like trying to sweep a piano!!". I chuckled to myself.... :D

I found out how really good my first school was also during Kumite (sparring). The reason Karate is so deadly is because you are concentrating all your power into a small area (two knuckles, edge of foot etc) and this will "penetrate" and damage internal organs. If you are taught how to breath properly (exhale hard) the blows will not penetrate. I assumed they taught this at the new school. We would wear gloves and foot pads also. I also held way back on full power strikes. I had made friends with one of the students there my age and we had sparred. He was gone for a month. When he came back I asked him where he had been and he said "don't you know? You broke 3 of my ribs". That's when I quite that school. Besides fighting in my sleep (and nailing my wife) I could hurt these guys that weren't taught to breath correctly. :)

How many years did you study??

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
About six years total in schools. The first five (good school) worked VERY hard. Four 2-hour classes per week, usually fight in tournaments every weekend and attend weekend seminars when there weren't tournaments. Plus the teacher (retired ex-Marine Sargeant Major Viet Nam war hero) ran the security at our axle plant. Every break I would spend with him discussing and asking questions. And I worked out at it on my own free time at home (perfecting katas etc). He liked my enthusiasm so showed me alot of stuff he never taught others (other then his teachers). After I quit going to formal classes I still worked out on my own at home for years. Then golf took over full time. I'm no Bruce Lee but I know you'd have to be pretty tough to beat me even at my age. I doubt many could really unless they had a strong Karate background (not bragging, just fact). You have to remember this is REAL karate, not the make believe bullshit you see on tv/movies. There is a huge difference. Even the tournaments with the forms competition are a big joke. It's all for "show" and has no meaning in a true fight. I just sit and laugh at them. :laugh: :laugh:

This is my teacher's school

Okinawan Shorin-ryu Shorinkan Karate and Kobudo Dojo

This was one of my teachers who now has his own school. He is awesome.

Bushi Fitness

This dojo was started by a fellow student of mine (Clint Green) and is full of information on this system.

Green's Martial Arts - Okinawan Karate

Sorry if I hijacked this thread. I only brought this up because it draws on something that may be related to dreams...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Jeez Ez, you're kinda freaky dude.

Seriously, I've never done anything that bad, ever had a MRI or something while you were sleeping?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
They have sleep centers at some hospitals where you can go and get that stuff analyzed.. My wife wants me to go so they can fix my snoring problem. I'm reluctant because I don't know how much I fart in my sleep.. :D :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I snore constantly, no fixing it without surgery though. Deviated septum or however you spell it from breaking my nose. *shrug* It's comforting to my girl by now.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I’m standing on the first tee box at the British Open and I somehow qualified to play. We’re the first group so there’s nobody ahead of us. The first hole is long, so long that I can’t see the green, the fairway sits about 40 feet below the elevated tee box which is surrounded by old oak trees.

As I go to tee up, the ball isn’t really a ball, it’s the head of another driver. I’m having difficulty positioning it on the tee because I’m not sure which part of the irregular shaped head I want to make contact with first. Once I think I have that figured out, the tee is suddenly 4 feet tall and I am struggling to smash it into the ground. Finally I get it down to a reasonable height, reposition the clubhead ball thing, and take my swing. After the others tee off, we’re descending the hill to the fairway when I ask my caddie – who happens to be my wife – if she saw where my ball went because I wasn’t paying attention. She said it went right. Way right. Like, on another fairway right.

Suddenly I’m in a clubhouse in Arizona where a guy is keeping track of betting odds for the Open. I see he’s chalked in a few new names, one of them mine. I then tell him “hundred to one.” Man, that’s optimistic.

Then I was in the bed of a truck chewing gum that I could never seem to fully spit out, and some little girl was throwing up… it just kind of broke down from there.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I always seem to struggle. Can't get the ball to stay on the tee, can't seem to take practice swings, can't seem to actually hit the goddamn ball. Pretty much every golf dream I have is a fail in some way.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
In a lot of my golf dreams I end up trying to tee off from inside a building.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.