• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wild golf stories

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
Alright fellas and gals, let's hear what kind of crazy adventures you've had happen or saw happen while on a course!

This isn't that crazy but it was hilarious to watch. Pops and I were playing on the base course few weeks ago. We knew there was a high school age 2 some in a cart ahead of us somewhere in the long par 5 we were coming up to. We stood on the tee box, looked and waited in case they were behind a small hill. Even walked to certain places so we could see the blind spots in the fairway. The guys were no where at all, looked like they vanished, fair enough! Time to tee it up!

As we're playing down the fairway we both lay up before the huge pond that blocks the green. We drive up and realize there is no pond anymore (we're in a horrible droubt), and notice that on the hill leading into it there are tire tracks. :confused:

I go to look over the edge and lo and behold there are the missing golfers! In their cart up to the seat in black rotten mud! I almost fell on my ass laughing. Apparently one of them landed a ball in the seemingly dried up pond, didn't want to walk down, there or drop a ball and drove in thinking it was safe. While I was trying to catch my breath, my father-in-law called the shop told them what happened and we went on.

Later after we were done with our round we went to turn in the cart and there are the 2 boys again. This time with a water hose, buckets, soapy water and brushes washing a cart :D

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I saw a guy go temporarily insane with rage on the course once. He managed to hit himself with a ball that ricocheted off a tee marker that he had teed up directly behind. That dude went nuts for about 30 seconds beating that wooden tee marker with his driver until he snapped the shaft off at the hosel. After that, the only words that came out of his mouth were "take me to the parking lot".

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I got chased by a black bear once.

I also saw two of my friends playing in a group behind me get into fisticuffs. Police showed up to drag them off each other and the course.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
1. Two players in our group happen on to an old cigar laying on the course. One puts it on the other's cart seat. He returns it to the top of the other's golf bag. This starts on #8 and continues through the turn. One of the two has his ball teed up on #13, a fairly straight par 4. He makes his backswing. As he's coming down in his forward swing, the other tosses the cigar at his ball on the tee. Cigar knocks ball off tee. Ball barely touches ground as driving player makes correction and picks ball off tee box. Almost falls down, trying to pull back to the ball. Hits ball. Ball goes dead straight, at least 250 yards. One of the best drives he hit all day.

2. Driver slips out of the hand of one player as he comes through the ball on #15. Driver flies backwards, towards the other 3 of us standing behind him. Driver hits one of the group right in the forehead. Luckily, he had a billed cap on and the cap bill cushioned some of the blow. Hat went flying. Player went down. Not even a bruise.

3. Player swings out of his shoes on #16 tee box. Is standing just inside the left tee marker. Swings so hard, he stumbles and falls backwards over tee marker. Does a complete backward somersault and comes back up on his feet. Picks up driver and says, "Did anyone see where my ball went?"

4. 4 FT black snake crossing fairway on #3. As player exits cart to hit ball, other player grabs tail of black snake and puts him right behind the seat of the other player's cart. As player hits ball, walks to cart and sees snake behind his seat. Bends over, says "Good morning, Mr. Snake!" Sits down on cart seat and proceeds to drive to next shot. Snake exits cart at next stop.

5. Long par 5 that goes right and then turns back left. Player hits drive left, shortcut to hole, but sandy hardpan. Next shot, tries to pick drive off hardpan. Makes good contact, but ball going low and more left. Ball hits front top of hazard stake. (Stake is 2" PVC pipe w/glue-on cap.) Ball shoots forward off stake and land 10 FT from pin on green. Red paint from hazard stake still on ball. Player makes 10 FT putt for eagle. That player couldn't get to the green on that hole in two in his wildest dreams.

6. I'm setting in right-hand cart seat as passenger. We're parallel to fairway. Other cart has hit into the woods. As player tries to hit out of the woods, we hear the solid crack of the ball making tree contact. Everyone is looking for the ball to come down when, "Ouch!" The ball hits me in the right boob and I catch it in my left hand. Smarted. If my man-boobs weren't so large.....

Our group has lots of fun on the course. Playing hundreds of rounds, together, we have had numeous tales to tell. Those fun experiences are what keeps us coming back. Certainly isn't our stellar games!!!!

MarkFed

Jun 17, 2013
New England
Country
This happened twice! Once sitting on the deck after golf and once when I was on the first green.
The 1st and 9th holes run parallel to each other. The 9th is a par 5 that runs along the road, and the deck is in back of the 9th green. The first half of the 9th hole has a tall net that protects the road and there is a rock wall that lines the rest of the hole. Twice I saw someone lose control of a car and go over the rock wall and roll over onto the 9th fairway. Both drivers were OK and drunk. :)

Another time, on a fall morning, a hot air balloon crashed on the course!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
We got to a short par 5 that has a lake running along the right side, guarding the layup zone and green. It has a decorative retaining wall all long the raised green. Opponent goes for it in two and lands in the left greenside bunker. He rocket-skulls his third shot across the green toward the lake. The ball hits the one rock that was poking up above ground level, and ricochets back onto the green to about a foot and a half. Tap-in birdie.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Nothing this crazy has happened during one of my rounds other than my wife hitting herself with her own drive and another guy getting right under his drive and popped it straight up and he caught it.

MarkFed

Jun 17, 2013
New England
Country
Amazing golf stories guys, if you have anymore hilarious ones we would be delighted to have one or two posted on the G&G site.
Best,
G&G

Here's one for the "people are funny" catagory.

When I was an assistant at a private club, a member called when we started taking tee times for the wknd and made a time for Sat. He made the time for himself and 3 other people.

Later that day, one of the other guys in the group called asking what time he had on Sat. and who he was playing with. I said something like "you're at 8:36 with x, y, and z (can't remember the names).

His reply: Who's the 4th?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
c9269716nv5.jpg

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Great, we have just partnered with John O'Hern, the author of Sweetspot. Will suggest that he signs up and shares some of his funny golf stories here as well. We will of corse share our content here as well. Thanks, G&G

Is this what the power company robot does on its time off? I know the soulless automaton has been getting smarter but geez.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.