• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wilson Fat Shaft IV graphite irons

packerfan1

South Bend, IN
Jan 4, 2007
Does anyone here play the Wilson Fat Shaft IV irons with graphite shafts?

I picked up a set 5-PW for $62 on E-Bay a couple of weeks ago...I have developed tendonitis in my elbow and thought that graphite shafts might help to not aggrevate my problems with the elbow this golf season.

My difficulty with these irons is that they were great on mishits and comparitively very straight on most iron shots when I played 18 today at a par-3 executive course, but the distance was much more variable than with my old steel shafted irons. I am not sure if the distance variations are due to the graphite shafts or the clubhead themselves...but I seemed to get a 10 yard + variance on clean shots with the same iron...something I didn't get with my steel shafted irons.

I basically seem to have given up consistent distance for straighter shots. I am not the greatest or most consistent golfer in the world, but the distance variances suprprised even me.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
the tendency of graphite is for a player to gain distance vs steel, but lose accuracy....

i guess you are the odd one in that they are straighter for you...

🔥 Latest posts