• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wilson Fat Shaft

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Hey guys, I'm browsing through ebay, and I'm overcome by HO POWER!

There's a set of Wilson Fat Shaft irons, 3-4 hydbrid, then 5-pw, going for about 100$ I REALLY wanna ho this from here to kingdom come.. Should I do it? Do they suck? Reply with god speed, please ^_^

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
My 71 year old father plays those....should work great for you too! :)

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Got them today, just to update you guys, and I love 'em. I could definitely take Tiger..

To lunch, if he'd let me.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Damn, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner... I guess it's too late to help now :confused:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
VtDivot said:
Damn, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner... I guess it's too late to help now :confused:
So, you'd be giving the thumbs up? ;)

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Two things I can't recommend enough are fat shafts and pinnacle extra distance :D

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
That wasn't sarcastic, I hope.

The fat shaft seems to make the graphite a little less bendy, and compared to my steel ones, I can swing this faaast.

The 3 and 4 hybrid are really nice too. I almost got driver distance out of the 3.

Yeah.. I need a new driver u_u

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
As I recall, with my Deep Red Fat Shaft driver, the FS makes the graphite whippy. Which was why a stiff FS played like a regular and I sent that bloody ball all over the course with the thing.

Useless piece of crap.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I think it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent on a golf club and I was glad to get 10% of it back when I sold it.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Silver said:
I think it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent on a golf club and I was glad to get 10% of it back when I sold it.
You know, timing is everything. $150 sooner and that post would have meant something.

:D

🔥 Latest posts