• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wilson Staff Irons...

OP
xamilo

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I went to the pro-shop today and asked the lady:

"Ok, I think we have made our minds. Could you get us the Wilson Ci7 set then?"
She looked at me as if I was crazy and asked me "Do you really want a complete Wilson set?".

Me: "Its not a full set, its the IRON set, the Ci7 4-GW"

Lady: "Why do you want to bag a Wilson set? Don't you play BETTER irons than that? You are a good enough player to play something else. Won't you want to look down to our Callaway line which is going on a great discount? X18Rs and X20s are going for only $400!"

I thought of telling her she was a fat stupid ignorant woman, but I was able to contain myself and just answered: "If Harrington won an open playing some of these I guess they are GOOD ENOUGH for ANY golfer in this world".

She even had to call the shop owner because she didn't even KNOW they imported Wilson irons.

So this is the perfect example on how Wilson stands in different countries from the U.S. Is a pity such a great company who had made such great products has such a bad reputation anywhere else. I think its time for Wilson to retake the market share, they due have enough products o great quality to do so, and I just expect to see more of their clubs every day on course....

For now, I'm waiting for my brother-in-law's Ci7 to arrive. I think its a perfect excuse for me to try them and fall in love with W/S clubs.

BTW, I'm going to hi-jack my own thread.

Has someone played the FYbrids? They surely look quite interesting, specially PRICE related...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I haven't played the Fybrids, but they do look really nice. I do really like w/s products though. I still don't know about the drivers, but everything else they make looks top notch. I don't like a lot of the other stuff out there because if it requires that much advertising to sell it with all the bells & whistles the shit has then it must not be that great. Ya ever notice that mizuno never has 9 ads per magazine? They don't need to.... they just make great stuff. I really believe this is the case with w/s.

🔥 Latest posts