• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wilson Staff irons

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Anyone game or trialled a newer model of irons from WS?
I'm reading some pretty good things about them and despite there not being much hype about the brand im actually thinking of selling up my current set and buying some decent irons by these guys.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Get ready. There are a number of WS fans on ShotTalk. I lost interest in Wilson when they moved from excellent forged players clubs to "KMart" clubs in the early 2000's. The past couple of years, Wilson has reinvigorated the masses with some really nice irons. Be patient. Some who have experience with these recent WS releases will chime in.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Get ready. There are a number of WS fans on ShotTalk. I lost interest in Wilson when they moved from excellent forged players clubs to "KMart" clubs in the early 2000's. The past couple of years, Wilson has reinvigorated the masses with some really nice irons. Be patient. Some who have experience with these recent WS releases will chime in.
I think @nututhugame has some. He did at one point.

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sweet. The online fitting said Ci11 irons. But I was more clicking for the hell of it as it ended up asking quite a few questions. But the set they said looks pretty sharp.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
W/S are top of the line irons with less advertisement and fewer money invested in publicity. I game the C line but have used FGs and V2s with excellent results. Feel is great and the best thing is they usually go around 100 or more bucks behind the competition.

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Been offered a new set of Ci11's but they have the uniflex shaft. Anyone got any info on whether or not they're a decent option?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Been offered a new set of Ci11's but they have the uniflex shaft. Anyone got any info on whether or not they're a decent option?
I play uniflex in my Callaway's. They feel like a firm flex to me and that's what I've found to be the consensus online as well. No experience with Wilsons uniflex but I'd assume they are similar.

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
So they don't feel too whippy or anything?
In saying that, I'm attempting to slow my swing down so this flex should be ok?

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
A mate runs an online golf shop locally and said he can get a new set of the ci11s but with uniflex.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Uniflex in C11s is kind of a half way through regular and firm (stiff). It's kind or alright for most golfers. I like it, it's certainly ok to play it

🔥 Latest posts