• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wilson Staff

OP
greatdane

greatdane

Feb 16, 2011
The FYbrid Bridge has been the easiest club to hit for me in my entire golf life. Just give it some time. It well deserves a spot in your bag

Hit it well tonight at the range! I meen crushed it! This thing is for real....I take back wanting to scrap it now! It was all just me swinging to dam hard! Tonight, I just slowed down and made solid contact and what do you know it flew out there!!! I had two guys ask me what I was smashing over there lol!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Hit it well tonight at the range! I meen crushed it! This thing is for real....I take back wanting to scrap it now! It was all just me swinging to dam hard! Tonight, I just slowed down and made solid contact and what do you know it flew out there!!! I had two guys ask me what I was smashing over there lol!

Its great to hear so. Its an awesome club and costs half as much as anything other competition brand offers.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007

Its great to hear so. Its an awesome club and costs half as much as anything other competition brand offers.

OP
greatdane

greatdane

Feb 16, 2011
Wilson%20Staff%20Mens%208883%20Series%20Milled%20Putters.jpgIt was to cold to play golf today so I drove up to Wichita, KS to get a new putter at The Golf Warehouse. I went with a clear mind on getting the one I liked best and... well I ended up with another Wilson Staff! I got the WS 8883 milled putter its slick! I hit every putter they had and couldnt talk myself out of this one it just feels to good! I am a Wilson Staff fan! Its great stuff and I had the cash to get whatever today and still got the WS! Its nice to have some lunch money left over and still get what you wanted!
Wilson%20Staff%20Mens%208883%20Series%20Milled%20Putters.jpg

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
That's what I think of Tour Edge Exotics. Although, they are starting to make more and more apearances in retail stores.

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
That's what I think of Tour Edge Exotics. Although, they are starting to make more and more apearances in retail stores.

I still need to hit my new driver, but I just picked up the TEE XCG, and I have an XCG-V fairway in the mail. $170 of ebay for both clubs, which could've only bought one of the two from any other company, considering the age of the technology. I'm hoping it fares well. Tryouts for the school team this Wednesday =)

OP
greatdane

greatdane

Feb 16, 2011
I cant stop myself...! I picked up a Satin 52 degree Wilson Staff Tw9 wedge to go with my 56!!! Got it in like new condition for 26 bucks of Ebay last night! I guess I will carry 15 clubs for awhile its only for fun not competion for me! I have hit my friends TM and Vokeys but I like my Tw9s just as well or better!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I cant stop myself...! I picked up a Satin 52 degree Wilson Staff Tw9 wedge to go with my 56!!! Got it in like new condition for 26 bucks of Ebay last night! I guess I will carry 15 clubs for awhile its only for fun not competion for me! I have hit my friends TM and Volkeys but I like my Tw9s just as well or better!

Ho no!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
You know, it's not a Wilson bag until all of your clubs are Wilson...and the bag is Wilson....hehehehe....

OP
greatdane

greatdane

Feb 16, 2011
You know, it's not a Wilson bag until all of your clubs are Wilson...and the bag is Wilson....hehehehe....

LMAO...my bag is a Wilson x31 stand bag!!!! I may have to look into there drivers and fairways...then it will be complete baaaha! I like my TaylorMades for now though!

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
The lofts on the Ci9's are not as strong as on the Di9's. I have 4-gw and basically it's a traditional 3-pw. Possibly later tonight for pics. Have to put a new furnace in after work so we'll see.

Pretty much the same lofts give or take .5* here and there. 44* PW & 48*GW. Doen't matter, they're keepers regardless.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
LMAO...my bag is a Wilson x31 stand bag!!!! I may have to look into there drivers and fairways...then it will be complete baaaha! I like my TaylorMades for now though!

You shouldn't marry a brand for the "brand" itself. I know how you feel. I'm a big fan of W/S as well. I actually bought an Elite Tour W/S Bag (European Release Only) just to match my W/S umbrella hehehehehe. I play Ci7s, a Fybrid and my next golf purchase will be surely a pair of FG Tour Wedges.

Even though, sometimes the "appeal" you have for a brand makes you be biased about reviewing a club. YOu might not get that good numbers with X or Y club, but because its the brand/model you like, it seems you convince yourself "yeah, its not that long/straight, but the feel is superb" or stuff like that. I hated Nike clubs. I swore I was never going to buy any because they all sucked. I read a review here in Shot-Talk about a Dymo2 driver and decided to try it after finding one for a very cheap price. I had no hope for it anyway. I took it to the range twice and I thought it sucked BIG TIME!. I had a problem with my gamer driver (a Hibore XL), so I was obliged to use the Dymo2. After I had no choice but using the Nike, I started discovering what an awesome club that one was. Agan its just bias.

So, my advice is to try any club, and don't try to get everything in your bag matching. If you find them to be all great, awesome! You ahve a complete bag, but changing your TM woods just because you want W/S in every club is not the way to go. If you do so and ever find a club which works great but doesn't match the rest of your clubs, you'll have a much more difficult time putting it it for not messing with the "style".

willgolf

Mar 5, 2011
Same here i play With Ci7s i think Di9 Are the new Ci7s i dont like the Ci7 sw+pw threw them out of the bag.But the Di9 was a good choice.iv just ordered the wilson tour elite carry bag the white one looks class.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.