• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Win-Win: Hideki Matsuyama Wins, Tiger Woods Plays

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
HIDEKI MATSUYAMA WON THE HERO WORLD CHALLENGE for his fourth victory in his last five starts. Matsuyama finished at 18 under, and, except for Sunday when he carded a 73, the man made it look easy.

"I played very, very well until today," Matsuyama told Golf Channel. "Today I struggled a little bit."

Henrik Stenson finished second at 16 under after a final-round 68.

Meanwhile, Tiger Woods started and finished his first 72-hole event in 466 days. Tiger shot 73, 65, 70 and 76 to finish 15th in the field of 17 players.

"I think it was a great week to be back," Tiger said. "Playing again and competing and playing against the best players in the world. Unfortunately I made a lot of mistakes this week. I made a lot of birdies but also made a lot of mistakes."

He added, "I made some poor decisions, missed the ball in some wrong spots and quite frankly it feels a little weird not to play in a cart. So, it is a little different and getting used to that and getting my legs back and getting my body back and focusing for a long period of time. These are all things that I missed for about a year and a half."

It's hard not to see Tiger's first event back as a big success. He went the distance, his body held up, he posted four scores. And if you need another positive, Tiger didn't finish dead last. He beat two guys in a good field. That's something, right?

I wouldn't expect much more at this point.

Source: Win-Win: Hideki Matsuyama Wins, Tiger Woods Plays

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.