• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wind? What wind?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Funny.....i'm watching the TPC this afternoon, watching these guys hit the ball in the wind and struggle. Vijay said during an interview that when it gets this windy "I don't even hit balls". Vijay!

I play at least 10 rounds like this a year. At least. It's not uncommon to have 20mph winds around these parts. Managing wind on the course and creating shots comes with the territory.

I would love to play a full season someplace where everything is groomed and has hardly any wind. That would be a dream come true.

Just my observations. These things get stuck in my head between Pringles and my can of Coke. ;)

R35

rockford35 said:
I would love to play a full season someplace where everything is groomed and has hardly any wind. That would be a dream come true.

Just my observations. These things get stuck in my head between Pringles and my can of Coke. ;)

R35

Wouldnt we all want to play in those conditions lol.

Pringles and coke sound good right now.

Yep, here in Britain we play in worse then that 6 months a year.

Maybe that's why I came over to Florida last November and knocked it round Magnolia 4 under par from the back tee's, perfect conditions make life very easy.

I second. Here on the wind-swept steps of the TN mountains, wind is often just part of the experience.

I kind of hate to hear that from Vijay. That's his job isn't it? Hitting golf balls? Playing? I think I'll go to my manager and tell him, "You know, if you don't keep it exactly 76 degrees in here, I'm not writing any code."

What's next? Golf domes? Indoor simulators? Oh... Yah... Nevermind.

• Staff
Again, a call for a "middle finger emoticon".

The thing is, the other 75%, it's like a dream come true here. Lush greens and fairways as we get our fair share of water most years. Many people come here and play and say "I never would have guessed this was here in the middle of nowhere."

They're calling for +10 here today.....rained last night, beat the snow down.....

It continues...

R35

rockford35 said:
Again, a call for a "middle finger emoticon".

The thing is, the other 75%, it's like a dream come true here. Lush greens and fairways as we get our fair share of water most years. Many people come here and play and say "I never would have guessed this was here in the middle of nowhere."

They're calling for +10 here today.....rained last night, beat the snow down.....

It continues...

R35

Get out the sunscreen, Spring is a comin. How much friggen snow do you have anyway? :faintthud

Regarding the wind, this morning's paper said wind speeds were around 35mph and nearly blowing the flag sticks out of the holes. Considering how good conditions are most of the time, I wouldn't hit in those winds either.

• Staff
We still have 2 feet in the backyard, easy.

I can see the driveway tho. And the sidewalk, but I snowblow that. If I feel adventurous, maybe i'll drive out to the course and take some pics. It will also make me cry, i'll take some pics of that too. :(

R35

Wind, shmind. when you live on the prairies wind ain't no thang.

Vijay hits balls all day long. Why in the world would he hit balls in such crazy wind conditions? And he was mentionning the fact that he wouldn't go practice in such conditions, not playing a round :)
Have you guys ever gone to the driving range when it's blowing like hell, with enough wind to sweep you off the ground? Because, it was almost tornado Caddyshack like....

It was still pretty nasty for that tournament, especially with the little 17th hole playing ridiculous.

But like some of you others, I live in Oklahoma, and we have about 1 nice day out of the 7 each week. So I very rarely play when the win isn't blowing very hard. But on those days, it is still blowing 10mph.

But the normal day in Oklahoma has winds of 15-20. Not too bad, but on a very open golf course, that wind does its damage. I'm just so used to playing in it that I wouldn't know what to do with a lush green course with perfect weather and wind conditions.

God, and to think that I suck as bad as I do and we barely ever have any wind to contend with.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520