• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Windows 7

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I like the idea and respect anyone who decides to do something like that, but you finished it in absolutly the worst colour ever seen by man. You took a really cool idea and painted it green.
I like the green color quite a bit.

I think a digital urban camo look would have really been sweet.

ls-digiucamo.jpg

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
N.V.M., I mean, as there a problem you were trying to solve by building this? Is it better than something else in some way?

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
N.V.M., I mean, as there a problem you were trying to solve by building this? Is it better than something else in some way?

better? well, it's been running 24/7 since i built it, so there is some quality factor there. other than that, its simply a PC version of an iMac.

imacnc.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
We had Imac's in highschool....i effing HATED those circular mice with a passion....its completely uncomfortable...figures mac would make something you use every single day completely worthless

(que mac loving shit-storm)

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
We had Imac's in highschool....i effing HATED those circular mice with a passion....its completely uncomfortable...figures mac would make something you use every single day completely worthless

(que mac loving shit-storm)

Never owned a mac but I always thought there priorities were; looks, practicality, performance.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Macs have become a status symbol. Substance is secondary. It shocks me, the number of people who think an iPod and an MP3 player are different. They don't want MP3 players. They want iPods!

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Macs have become a status symbol. Substance is secondary. It shocks me, the number of people who think an iPod and an MP3 player are different. They don't want MP3 players. They want iPods!

In fairness they are different, its what apple offer a different ui and user experience. They get the same result but they go about it in a different manner.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Looks is definitely on their priority list....as for the other two.....

Looks in Macs have always been a priority. Why? Because people who used to buy Macs used to be in the "aesthetics" department: Designers, Architects, Sound Engineers; People who really needed the video or graphic performance, or the sound working ability. You won't be able to make an Interior Designer buy a horrible looking computer I guarantee you that. Macs have now evolved to more people who feel attracted to aesthetics as well. Try to sell a gigantic powerful Compaq Laptop v.s. a Macbook Air to 99% of the girls and you'll notice certain trend...

Macs have become a status symbol. Substance is secondary.

I'd have to disagree with that. Maybe for most of us who use Office, the Internet, and maybe an EA Sports game it is, but some people really DO need what a Mac offers. At UNI in UNSW, Sydney, Australia, there was not a computer in the labs which was not a Mac, because PCs couldn't support the Genetic Mapping software without the need of an EXTENSIVE upgrade.

I'm not talking about cheap Macbooks, but rather Mac Pros Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor computers which have no rival in the PC world for less than twice the price. The confidence they give people and their stability makes them priceless and a must for people needing a BIG machine.

No worries here about Windows 7. It surely looks much like the last Mac OX as they always tend to do.

BTW I just ordered my copy of the new Mac OX Snow Leopard for just $30!!!! And I'm sure it really is an upgrade a they always are.

...and for just $30, a tenth of a new Windows version hehehehe :D

🔥 Latest posts