• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Windy Round

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I played cog hill on saturday and I have never had more trouble with the wind. It was 2-3 club wind. Every shot was altered by wind; even putts and chips. It was very frustrating but I was able to keep my score down by hitting knock downs and putting alright. Shot an 82.

Did anyone else fight the wind on saturday?

who won? you or the wind?

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Every week I play in a 4 club wind. Easy little uphill 9 iron turns into a 5 iron or worse. Its actually entertaining. I sware this course should have atleast 20 windmills and it would make a fortune.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I played in the wind, I'm used to it, doesnt make much difference to my game because I barely ever play when there isnt wind.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I haven't played in under 30 mph winds in the last 5 rounds. Just how it is sometimes when you live on the eastern edge of the Rockies. The weather fronts push over the Continental Divide and come screaming down the canyons, spilling out over the plains right where Denver is sitting. You learn to live with it this time of year.

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
25 mph steady wind today with gust near 40, i shot a 5 over 75. upwind and down wind i never have many problems but it is the cross winds that usually get me

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.