• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter Goals

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
No have not got trapped draw in my bag. Perhaps should work on it.
Back in stance, 3/4 swing with draw swing? Is this how?? Short irons or mid irons??

My 3/4 shot mistake tends to be fade and would rather have a draw runner in bag.

I'd like to share a drill with you I discovered by accident to hit these. Get an old steel shaft pulled from whatever, preferrably with a grip still on it for saftey. Stick it in the ground and point the grip right at your ding dong. Now take another club and set it alinged for your feet on the ground slightly left of your target. Put the ball under the shaft stuck in ground and align the clubface to your target, should be a little shut. Now take the stance aligned with the club on the ground and play the ball a bit back, try a 9 or PW. The fear of hitting the shaft will get you coming from the inside and should restrict the follow through a little as well. I did it today thinking I was going to full swing but that fear of hitting the shaft had me hitting the trapped draw perfectly.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
EZ- How about staying out of the trees so you don't need to practice all these wierd miracle shots. "Fade 3wood, starts low and goes over a tree 142 out, lands soft at 250."

:laugh:

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
What's the fun in that?
icon10.gif
The shot can be useful other than out of trouble. That's just me, I start hitting it straight and can't last more than a few shots before I'm trying to curve it or something.

GettingInShape

Sep 6, 2006
I wonder how many times in a round the average pro tries to "shape" a shot.

On a little different subject I saw an interview with Brad Faxon one time where
he said that in most rounds he'll only take a full swing with his irons 4 or 5 times.
That he'd much rather take an easy swing with his 5 iron, than a full swing with
his 6 iron. And this is something that I've tried doing more of.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I love the trap draw. It is a great shot for the wind and all that, but sometimes for me it turns into a trap 30 yard hook. That is a great shot to have in the bag. I'm 150 out so I think 3/4 8 iron, and end up 20 yards left of the green. :(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.