• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter golf just got a little better....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
20 degrees, this morning, at 7 a.m. Wind howling and wind chill at 7 degrees. We teed off at 9 a.m. with temp up to 22 degrees. The wind and lack of moisture kept it from frosting. Had a fun round. Why???

Our cart was delivered this week. Electric, 2004 EZGO, with windshield and nice winter cover. The winter cover is new and one of those that has the swing open doors, not the cheap zipper kind. In fact, rather toasty!!

The cart shed list at our course has a 3-year wait. Finally, my name was #1 and a shed opened. Went "partners" with one of my buddies.

The 2004 looks like new. Dealer waxed it and put on fancy wheel covers. It had not been equipped with windshield or winter cover. So, we have a brand new windshield and winter cover that is a color match with the tan cart top. The cart is a dark, forest green and really looks nice from the tee box.

So, with a new (to us) cart just sitting there... we HAD to play. And, it wasn't too bad. Next to impossible to get a tee in the ground on the tee boxes. The greens were harder than a basketball court. But, a good time was had by all!!!

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I would hope, at those temps, that the cart had a Baileys-n-coffee dispenser on it too!

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I see them make little propane heaters for golf carts now too. I dont care how cold it is, as long as there wasnt snow on the ground, Id keep playing.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Can't say I'm not jealous of the cart!!

Sounds awesome, and definately the way to go to get a nice affordable cart.

That'll be nice in the summer too, kicked back in your own ride..

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
A little birdy told me it looks like this.
FireTruckCart_Cart.jpg

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Okay.....

:needpics:

Let's see it!!

:D

Will try to get some pictures, for insurance purposes, soon. Played yesterday and today. Fun!!! Except....

Frost delay this morning. Didn't open the course until 10:30 a.m. Two of us zipped through 18 in 2 hours flat. Still a little "quiet" at home since I was gone all morning and until a few minutes after 1 p.m. "Mother" seems to think since I'm only home on weekend, it's not a good idea to "lose" the entirity of Sunday mornings on the course. I'll need to be on my best behavior this afternoon!!!!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.